Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eclipse Game/Engine Index

Eclipse

Game and Engine Index

Hello there fellow Eclipsians new and old. Many of you may be wondering: "What on earth is this about?"

Well, wonder no more. The Eclipse Game and Engine Index will be an informative Index of actively developed games and engines. The purpose of this index is to save time and effort when looking for which Engine to use, or for an Eclipse-made Game to play.

Games

Games will be listed in the post below the op in no particular order. I will personally add them to the list with something similar to the following format:

Game Name

Review

This game is a must play. Stunning maps, well designed quests, and an immersive story make this game stand out as a one of a kind marvel. Right from the get-go you are pushed into the action as you face off against the gargoyles destroying your home village. As you continue your long journey through the fantastical world of Caw, you are subtly exposed to the game's lore and story. There is no forced storyline in this game, leaving the players free to choose their own path, essentially making every player's journey a different experience. Combat is handled very well with new functions such as combo attacks and jumping. The same can be said for the game's magic system. I felt as though with each skill or spell I learned, I was unlocking a new way to take down my opponents. It was fun and inviting. Players who prefer the 'mage' type of gameplay will feel right at home in this game. Classes are dynamic and this gives the player plenty of breathing room to choose what they want to do. If you want to be a gun-slinging rogue with a trained eye for grabbing bargains from shops, go right ahead! Nothing is stopping you from playing the game the way you want to play it, and that is what makes this game so additively fun.

As with every game, however, there are some faults. Server crashes and issues with rendering can take away from the experience, but the team behind this game are actively developing and fixing these issues.

Don't just take it from me though! Try the game out for yourself!

Current Rating: 8.5 / 10

Base Engine Used: Eclipse Origins 3.0 

Awards: (some graphic of an award, or award(s), if any)

Reviewer: SkywardRiver

Date of Review: 22/07/2014

Link to Project Page: (link here)

Now, obviously I just made this random game up and pretended to play it and write a review on it, but, over the next few days myself and perhaps one or two other volunteer reviewers will be playing active games and writing reviews similar to what is shown above. Nothing but honest opinions of the game will be displayed. I'm not mainsteam media or IGN, meaning I won't be bought out to give a game more than generous reviews and I WILL NOT be ignoring any faults in a game. If an extremely negative review is given for any project/game, we will have another reviewer go in and try the game as well before posting the review.

Also note that due to obvious reasons of bias, I will not be reviewing my own games, nor will any other reviewer review their own games. We will have a separate, unconnected reviewer review the game for us.

Example: I would have Crest (if he chooses to help out in this) review one of my games, and vice versa.

Engines

Base engine's will listed below the games section in no particular order. Reviewing an engine will be a bit tricky, as it will require one of our reviewers to spend quality time with an engine and perhaps even make a small, prototype game with it. As there are many private engine's floating around out there, I will allow the engine creators to send in reviews of their engine if they have an actively developing game out and about. Otherwise, it would be rather pointless.

Engines will be displayed in a format not unlike that which is shown below:

Engine Name

Review

Eclipse PlasmaFire edition offers an extremely powerful data-handling system and a plethora of original features never-before-seen in Eclipse. Built up from a base of Eclipse Origins 3.0, this engine was developed by TacoTuesday and is being put to good use in his game (blah blah). This engine is currently up for public download in the 'Custom Versions' section of Eclipse and if getting very good feedback from it's users. Bugs are being actively fixed and TacoTuesday is still working on new features and optimizations that will make this engine stand out even more.

Current Rating: 9 / 10

Awards: (some graphic of an award, or award(s), if any)

Date of Review: 22/07/2014

Link to Project Page: (link here)

So there you have it.

As soon as this gets approved I will set out to review some active games and/or actively developing WIPs.

Have a wonderful day.

[Image: 56695.png]

Games

Zel Online

[Canceled]

[Alpha]

Canceled

EverEmber Online

[Beta]

Playable

Arkadia

[Beta]

[June Release]

Ambervale

Beta v1.1

[Public Beta]

"A Strong Foundation"

Ambervale (so far) is a slightly shiny piece of coal that may turn out to be something even shinier. As of now, there is limited content, bugs, and limited enjoyability. However, this game is still in an early Beta and I believe with some more work and strong support from it's community it can evolve into something that you find yourself wanting to play every Saturday night.

Ambervale Beta v1.1 gives you a limited array of classes to start out with, When I say limited, I mean one. However, due to the little content available thus far, that's hardly going to effect your enjoyment. The GUI is visually pleasing and the music, although lacking variety, is soothing to the ear. The maps in Ambervale are numerous, and while some lack purpose as of yet, it leaves room for future content. The mapping quality is above average. You won't find yourself blown away and staring at the scenery, but you also won't be thinking something like: "Well he didn't put much effort into that...".

Now, alot of these 'negative' points will most assuredly be fixed. Keep in mind this is an early Beta Test. I can earnestly say that this is a rock hard foundation on which can be built a very enjoyable game. Personally I can't wait to see what becomes of this game and I shall be playing it for some time to come!

So far, I'm going to give it a 6/10.

Bug fixes, content improvements, and just general time will be sure to boost that score up very soon.

Keep it up!

Current Rating: 6 / 10

Base Engine Used: Eclipse Origins 3.0

Awards: None Yet

Date of Review: 19/04/2015

Link to Project Page: HERE

Engines

SEB Engine

Eclipse Worlds Engine

More Games, Engines, and Project reviews are always on their way!

I fully support this. PM me if you need any help.

I will do everything I can to make sure this is relevant.

Quote:
I fully support this. PM me if you need any help.

I will do everything I can to make sure this is relevant.

Excellent. I like you already. (hehe) 

Well, I'm currently in the process of during a thorough review of Eclipse Worlds. I understand that you may be getting Gold? If so, feel free to write a review on it in a similar fashion to that shown above after you've had a good chance to use it a while. Same goes for any Eclipse Games you play. If you want to write a review, go ahead and send em in to me via PM with the template shown above. Make sure your alias is correctly inserted into the 'Reviewer' section.

Happy reviewing! 

I've added a review for Eclipse Worlds.

I suggest putting the reviews in spoilers to clean it up a bit :3

Done.

When I get Juiced up and running I'll let you know first thing for alpha testing if you'd be interested.

Awesome idea sky! cant wait to see more!

Mind if i suggest something?

Screenshot for the engines and games

Quote:
Mind if i suggest something?

Screenshot for the engines and games

Thats actually a good Idea. Be sure to post pics of bugs and important things like that.
[Image: 5468496fa08bfd7f572a3c08904f11c1.png]

Will do guys.

C'mon guys. Get more games playable so I can review em!

Quote:
C'mon guys. Get more games playable so I can review em!

Wait for my game to be finished Big Grin

Currently i'm developing a Pokemon Trainer Base Online Game and i'm making a Story for Doki-Doki Neptunia Sample Game

Nice idea! I'll be following this thread Smile Maybe one or two screenshots to peak the viewer's interest.

revangale.c@gmail.com, or Skype (revangale.c)
[Image: gxANaMx.gif]

i am working with bubble tales online now

but there is still alot to finis .....

Love this! Definitely will be following. Keep up the good work Skyward!

Suggestion, maybe ordering each of these based upon it's rating. Ex: Highest rated game would be first visible in a descending order to the lowest rated game.

Oh and maybe some sort of "Formula" for how you come up with your ratings. Ex: No Bugs = 10 + features = 5 + design = 10 + storyline = 5 + uniqueness = 8 divide by amount of things it was rated on. Overall review = 7.6

Quote:*This is my review of the game, 
NOT it's development team

I laughed  Smile

Quote:,...,<>" data-cid="926133" data-time="1406305889">
I laughed  Smile

No you didn't. If you actually did, you were either highly confused as to what that meant or you're on laughing gas. Now, if you don't have any feedback or suggestions, please refrain from posting here.

In other news, today I'll be getting some pictures up and, if I have time, reviewing another engine or game.

I'd love to see this become something official, rather than a simple thread. Keep up the good work Sky!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  who can help me. how to create a task in the engine SEB iloveworld 0 92 02-18-2017, 06:16 AM
Last Post: iloveworld
  I want a full engine features. pet. chat world. mount system. upgrading skills and eq iloveworld 5 159 02-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: PhenomenalDev
  anyone tell me Elipse origin server + client game. thank you iloveworld 2 162 02-04-2017, 10:43 AM
  Eclipse Realm of Magic whitespirits 67 7,786 02-04-2017, 06:37 AM
Big Grin Eclipse Online Odyssey SkywardRiver 59 11,577 12-21-2016, 01:39 PM
Last Post: BeNjO