Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Eclipse Renewal

I've decided that i'm gonna keep it open source, however if you code stuff in an update the code will be lost just remember that. Enjoy 

~Johnson

If you upload the source to git people and send edits and merge files with out trouble, just saying Tongue

Added a poll choose which You would like to see the most in next update 1.2

Update 1.2 will be coming later today. 

Mp3 added, midi removed

reworked menu

reworked server a bit

report system

Will be up for download later on Smile

windows 7 or windows 8, hell even windows 8.1..........nope windows 95 looking motha *****

Hey, 1.2 (closed source) is now available for download, sorry but Johnson does not want his work stolen so it's closed source but still is being updated.

Baannounik shall control all!

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

A little heads up for 1.3 daro and myself, have planned a few features not before done by eclipse and thats another reason we're deciding to go closed source. 

Quote:
A little heads up for 1.3 daro and myself, have planned a few features not before done by eclipse and thats another reason we're deciding to go closed source. 
Next your going to want money and start selling it as eclipse 4.0 Tongue

*Joke*

Making it closed source is dumb. It's not like any features you add will change the fact that vb6 is a laggy piece of garbage that you can't actually make an "MMO" with, let alone a small online game that can barely serve 20 people. There's already better engines out there for game creation that are open source. 

Not that I'm really interested in the engine. But, at least make it open source so if someone needs a few extra features to make their game unique they can. You've got nothing to lose. Anyone who can actually benefit from your code (a programmer worth their weight), will already know how to implement the features anyway.

[Image: funny-gifs-norway_1396352585.gif]

If you take a gander at the Eclipse license (its an actual software license under the same moniker) it'll explicitly state that to close any branch you must first obtain the permission of every contributor of said source.

Something to think about. And yes, I'm aware people have done it before and even sold it (including the present "owners"; that doesn't make it legal.

Quote:
If you take a gander at the Eclipse license (its an actual software license under the same moniker) it'll explicitly state that to close any branch you must first obtain the permission of every contributor of said source.

Something to think about. And yes, I'm aware people have done it before and even sold it (including the present "owners"; that doesn't make it legal.
Read over these and thought about it and i agree with you guys. vb6 is old and i suppose im not losing much considering i don't even use the engine so will open it up to open again in next update.

Quote:Read over these and thought about it and i agree with you guys. vb6 is old and i suppose im not losing much considering i don't even use the engine so will open it up to open again in next update.

Good man. I'm all for protecting one's intellectual property, but its a double edged sword in the "open" community and it all revolves around legality/licensing.

Ok bit of news for 1.3 

Daro has fixed the night system and maps all messed up. Version system should be fixed and good to go, credit system should be ready, hoping to get client and server reworked a bit Smile and maybe some new big stuff will see.

1.3 Is now up for download check the first post for link

1.3 is open source

In 1.3:

New:

-Set Spawn for each class from Class.ini file

-Global Shop (or world shop)

-Version system

-Npcs levels now show beside there name

-Maxes increased, Max npc maps now 300, Max items, npcs, spells, resources, levels, quests = 1000

-Exp Multiplier Items

-Npc Spells

Fixes:

-Night is fixed and shouldn't flash anymore

-bank gui overlapping fixed (bank rearranged)

-Bank withdraw bug fixed

-Quests dialog not showing

-Events freezing the game

-Changes

-Serial code redeem 

-Withdraw and deposit

pics above are moved above inventory to fit and not overlap

-Admin panel changed to multiple picboxes on click of labels on screen and no longer on side of game

1.4 is out here the link

New in 1.4:

-New and improved options menu
-Added Multiple Npc Drops
-Added Target Details system
-Added Real Defense Calculations
-Added Buff and Debuff Spells
-Added Crafting

1.5 is now up for download Smile download it from first post, change log is in the first post too.

The download for 1.5 doesn't have the compiled server.exe.

[Image: 5468496fa08bfd7f572a3c08904f11c1.png]

Shoot, I'll fix that, sorry about that!

Baannounik shall control all!

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

Halloween Update:

Version 1.6.0: Download here

Reorganized Server  Smile
Halloween themed menu for client

Global Shop is now optional (just uncheckbox on server before opening clients and its all good Smile
-Added Npc Hp Bars
-Added A few new options in the options menu Smile
-Added A option in options menu for chat on screen or chat box Smile