Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Eclipse Renewal

My addin was running Big Grin hopefully the equation for it works well! (If not then you can look up RUNNING in the client and modify it to fight your needs)

Baannounik shall control all!

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

Little bit of a update Tongue not download just news

1.7 will be a bit longer then most updates to come out we're moving Eclipse Renewal to dx8 instead of dx7 Smile 

Win32:Evo-Gen        

Hmm?

Super, that's just your computer, literally no one else can get a virus from these engines.

Guys, with the engine, make sure your antivirus doesn't catch it, I assure you there is no virus in the downloads, I uploaded them from my computer and if Johnson gave me a vrus, I'd kill him, so don't worry.

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

Guys i know a few people using the engine with anti virus and it works fine. So it could depend on what antivirus too.

I know Avast! catches it (does for me XP) I think Norton does, too.

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

Avast??? I think colonello has that but it works fine

Quote:
Avast??? I think colonello has that but it works fine
Yeah I have Avast and it detects the server but the client works fine. I just flag it as a false positive and the server exe comes back. 
Some of my favorite things:
[Image: enGQi3n.png]

Yep, same here.

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

Norton catches anything as a virus, i remember it literally catching itself as a virus.

can this engine be used for making a commercial level game?

Depends on you

Quote:
Depends on you
I mean legally, also - When trying to open Animations tab I get a "Unrecoverable DirectX 8 Error", it keeps running but I havent actually tried applying an animation yet.

Also, If I alt-tab into something else for awhile and move around through windows eventually the game window will get unusably small and wont revert until a full restart of the client.

Other than these bugs, I dig this engine! Smile Good work guys!

Some features I think would be cool are:

- feature that will allow engine work with MyBB and/or Mediawiki (to display points/players online/server status/weather in each zone).

- Fog of war (Universal and Player-by-player settings so it can be set to where each player works to unveil one big fog of war or where each player has to independently unveil the map of each zone.)

Quote:I mean legally, also - When trying to open Animations tab I get a "Unrecoverable DirectX 8 Error", it keeps running but I havent actually tried applying an animation yet.

Also, If I alt-tab into something else for awhile and move around through windows eventually the game window will get unusably small and wont revert until a full restart of the client.

Other than these bugs, I dig this engine! Smile Good work guys!

Some features I think would be cool are:

- feature that will allow engine work with MyBB and/or Mediawiki (to display points/players online/server status/weather in each zone).

- Fog of war (Universal and Player-by-player settings so it can be set to where each player works to unveil one big fog of war or where each player has to independently unveil the map of each zone.)

As for the animation bug I'll look into it I've never experienced it before. Currently moving this engine to dx8 for 1.7

nvm i sent message in wrong window, this message was intended for a diff. make of eclipse. Going to try out your guys' engine, my bad.

I guess my previous question still stands, can this legally be used for commercial purposes?

Yes, you can't sell the game but you can sell anything in game as far as I know.

Quote:
can this engine be used for making a commercial level game?
You can make a complete game, sell in-game items, sell member status to items, areas, etc., but you can NOT sell the game as in, sell the client to a game, or the source files for the engine.

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

Eclipse renewals biggest update ever. (1.7.0) will hopefully be coming out this weekend.

We will be rocking Dx8

And some new options and systems.