Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endless Waltz

Dang, it was a great game... I think the killer of it was that is was never really known to be here.

Baannounik shall control all!

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

Actually..... (very long story short) My college had one spot remaining in a late start programing class ,that was not on line. I took a gamble and dropped mobile app development added the programing class. It stuck and everything worked out. So I will send a message to admins requesting to keep this topic up since there is a chance it can continue to grow.

Glad to know this game could be back in production! Smile
Some of my favorite things:
[Image: enGQi3n.png]

Yes! I'll need to start playing this again when I get the time Big Grin

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

Pretty sure the server is currently off line now. I haven't started my programing class yet (it's a late start class) but I'm both nervous and excited.

I'm actually learning how to program.

I am starting to work a head of the class now and I have stepped away from pseudo-code and I am now* making DOS programs in Java, things like rock, paper, scissors, and making a slot machine simulator. I know how to use decision structures, and loops, but have not learned arrays yet. Just finished with input validation.

I still don't know know exactly what all the terms mean. like boolean I really don't know exactly..... 

I know the basic terms, I know what a variable is, and a method and the difference between a module and a function and such.

My goal is to finish the chapter about arrays,  make three programs with arrays, and then to try to know just as much in Visual Basics as I know in Java.

DOS programs in Java... Do you mean Java command line programs? Lol, a batch file uses DOS, I don't think Java does.

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

Quote:
DOS programs in Java... Do you mean Java command line programs? Lol, a batch file uses DOS, I don't think Java does.
yeah that is what I meant lol

Just so you guys know what I am up to......
I finished my 2 year degree and got an AA.
The programming class I took still had a lot of students that were doing their final assignments in "pseudo code" ( fake code)
So I guess I wasn't really suppose to walk out of that class programming in java like I did. I made an A in that class, it was pretty easy, and I've found I really like programming.....but the more I learn about programming....I find even more I don't know! lol

so..... I am still learning Java. I have come a long way from just making procedural code, to object oriented. Finally touching GUI's, Networking, and Drawing graphics. I really doubt I'll be a master any time soon, there are a lot of tricks to learn... Even thou it's in Java, I'm still learning a lot about how things happen in VB6 ( what my engine runs on ).

The point of this was to let you guess know, that even thou the production of this game has paused for so long, I think I am going to continue this path of learning until I feel it will fully help in the development of my game.

Good to see that the game could possibly be still alive. ^_^
Played during Ambervale 2D ORPG Beta! Smile
[Image: Ambervale_BETA.png]

(06-12-2015, 07:35 PM)Riften Wrote: Good to see that the game could possibly be still alive. ^_^

My biggest focus after graduating was getting a decent career and learning how to do that. By the time I have got to where I am now. I know my job and am learning other parts of it past my job to make it a career I have forgot so much of my programming knowledge. Luckly I have a job where I can do things I like while doing my job. So I am relearning.   

Yes! Big Grin You're the best Lel lol, I loved playing your game

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

(11-01-2015, 03:37 PM)Mohenjo Daro Wrote: Yes! Big Grin You're the best Lel lol, I loved playing your game

Wow! thanks that means a lot !

Couple of changes in my life. Glad to say things are still going well, still have the same job. I was actually promoted and took on some other responsibilities. Its nice to see that this is a job that clearly has the opportunity to move up and really all that is needed is the willingness to learn a new task or challenge. 

I have touched up on my programming as of lately; however, to be honestly have a long way to go again. 
For example: I was able to draw graphics and use listeners to move a sprite across a map and I understood it completely. I also started to get the hang of Streams and Sockets and some other basic networking. Now I am struggling to understand a simple program I made for my job that scans a text file and searches only for the info we need so its a 2 page report instead of a 32 page report.    

It looks really bad for Endless Waltz currently, but there is a little something glowing inside me that makes me really sad to say I have quit. I can't say I have quit on the idea of working on the game again. Not yet at least. Anyways - I still peek around here every once in a while, and I will be an adult and tell you guys for sure if I have quit. Its been really nice seeing some people I care a lot about are also still here. Except JC... Seriously ... Robin was so much cooler.... 

Ah! also... It would be really nice if some has any hosting ideas for my server. I think that was the only reason why the game got taken off line. Very least I could easily put the game up as it was (everyone would probably have to start a new character v.v ) and I could work on it as it was. Probably wouldn't be too hard. Simple to use, cheap, safe, and fast..... you know... non-existent? Shoot me a PM, if you got some decent ideas.   

(09-22-2016, 06:35 PM)BeNjO Wrote: I could host it for you, add me on skype xbenjo

Ok I'll send you an invite sometime soon; at the very least, so we can talk first. I forget what my name is on Skype atm (as its been ages since I been on there) so I'll send you a PM afterwards, letting you know I sent you an invite and why =) Thanks for the support, I really do appreciate the thought at least!