Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poke Pro's Website [Need Reviews]

http://www.pokepros.com/ I need Reviews Big Grin 

Be Honest, Criticizing, and most of all Suggestive.

Please do not bother suggesting, I redo the Banner and Navigation. I'm Already working on both...

Thanks for your Reviews, -Xenofalcon

The utility toolbar is crap, annoying and useless. I suggest you remove it.
The banner is crap, annoying and useless. Specially considering you need hundreds of thousands of daily visits to make an income. I suggest you remove it.
The buttons are crap, annoying and useless. They have the background of a transparent *.png in The GIMP. Besides the fact it's only a forum so you don't need navigation at all, you don't need a phpBB generic FAQ inside, either. I suggest you remove them.
The background is pixelated, that's because you resized a small image. You need to find an image with higher resolution, Google has tools that allow you to do that. I suggest you remove it.

Basically delete everything. What did you do, exactly? It's a forum, not a website, and everything is either prebuilt or ripped.

Quote:The utility toolbar is crap, annoying and useless. I suggest you remove it.

The banner is crap, annoying and useless. Specially considering you need hundreds of thousands of daily visits to make an income. I suggest you remove it.

The buttons are crap, annoying and useless. They have the background of a transparent *.png in The GIMP. Besides the fact it's only a forum so you don't need navigation at all, you don't need a phpBB generic FAQ inside, either. I suggest you remove them.

The background is pixelated, that's because you resized a small image. You need to find an image with higher resolution, Google has tools that allow you to do that. I suggest you remove it.

Basically delete everything. What did you do, exactly? It's a forum, not a website, and everything is either prebuilt or ripped.

Hi pinguinoz!

You have reasonable suggestions, however your advice can easily come off as offensive. In the future, consider using less vulgar language to express your distaste. It will make it easier for you and the receiving party.

@Xenofalcon

I'd like to address the issues I find most important. I assume you have a low resolution monitor, and that is why the background appears to end halfway through my screen. It would be best to use a background that would be suitable in all resolutions, or have it scale to fit the resolution.

Another thing that bothers me is that everything is transparent, and it makes it a little difficult to read the text over a noisy background like the one you currently have. I'd recommend adding a background color to the forum containers .

Quote:
Hi pinguinoz!

You have reasonable suggestions, however your advice can easily come off as offensive. In the future, consider using less vulgar language to express your distaste. It will make it easier for you and the receiving party.

@Xenofalcon

I'd like to address the issues I find most important. I assume you have a low resolution monitor, and that is why the background appears to end halfway through my screen. It would be best to use a background that would be suitable in all resolutions, or have it scale to fit the resolution.

Another thing that bothers me is that everything is transparent, and it makes it a little difficult to read the text over a noisy background like the one you currently have. I'd recommend adding a background color to the forum containers .
I am just being honest, criticizing and suggestive, like he asked for. Please help me with my English: What can I use as slang for "something of extremely poor quality" without hurting your feelings? Is "garbage" okay for you?  "Junk" maybe? Thank you.

As for the previous things said, cool off, pinguinoz was fine saying what he said, though could have had been less harsh.

Anyways, I thin the font should be sized up, kinda hard to read as it is now.

Baannounik shall control all!

Eclipse Engines

Misc.

Quote:
I am just being honest, criticizing and suggestive, like he asked for. Please help me with my English: What can I use as slang for "something of extremely poor quality" without hurting your feelings? Is "garbage" okay for you?  "Junk" maybe? Thank you.

I don't see a problem in criticizing, just the presentation. I don't think you need my help. You've already figured it out yourself, after all, "extremely poor quality" is less vulgar than "crap", "garbage", or "junk". 

It bothers me that there is no "body/background" Behind the main content. With out that it seems to be all over the place and kinda look like a mess. I like the animated pokemons, ignore the haters btw lol.

Whats good my dudes

Quote:
Hi pinguinoz!

@Xenofalcon

It's his own Opinion really, the Internet doesn't really bother me. 

Quote:
It bothers me that there is no "body/background" Behind the main content. With out that it seems to be all over the place and kinda look like a mess. I like the animated pokemons, ignore the haters btw lol.
Thanks lol

Quote:
It bothers me that there is no "body/background" Behind the main content.
I thought I was the only one, please put a background of some sort, it's annoying to read, and it seems very messy otherwise.

The buttons seems out of place as well, the colour of them, as well as the banner for that matter does not really fit the background, and the text on them is not centred well. The background is scaled poorly, causing unwanted pixels to stand out, and making the colours seem off, especially in the sky around clouds, and the grass. The image also doesn't reach all the way to the bottom for me, so it cuts off and loops itself.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Not sure about copy right here, but if I were you I'd at-least make it a website where you can also watch Pokemon, that alone will probably draw more as well as being able to communicate as a community. It's not the best site, but like everything it needs work. The forums have a dark feel, when I think of Pokemon I think of a joyful and 'bright' world. I'd go with a brighter theme, might be more appealing for that type of forum.

What's the goal of the site? How do you plan to put it out there? Do you know your competition? What will make people want to visit your forums over the ones already well established? These are some things you could take into consideration. Keep on pushing though. Also, I like the current banner.

Side Note: Peng made me laugh while reading the replies. I guess every forums needs a member who brings the spice, but as stated by Wing try not to come off as offensive. We're still determining if we want this to be a professional and less spoonfed environment or appeal to a younger crowd still.

Quote:
I thought I was the only one, please put a background of some sort, it's annoying to read, and it seems very messy otherwise.

The buttons seems out of place as well, the colour of them, as well as the banner for that matter does not really fit the background, and the text on them is not centred well. The background is scaled poorly, causing unwanted pixels to stand out, and making the colours seem off, especially in the sky around clouds, and the grass. The image also doesn't reach all the way to the bottom for me, so it cuts off and loops itself.
Thanks, for the Advice. I was thinking of a brighter feel of it too but the last background got bad reviews but i will keep trying! Big Grin thanks, for your Review Link!! Big Grin

100x more Improvement to the site! Need More Reviews and Thorough Reviews Big Grin Please tell me what i can improve fix and edit! 

It looks a lot better than before. I love how the colors of the site are all part of the Pokeball which helps add even more to the theme. Plus you have cool banners/pictures for every section which makes it look even better.

Some of my favorite things:
[Image: enGQi3n.png]

Check out my YouTube Channel! Click Here!

Thanks! Colonello, Took awhile to figure out how i want it ;3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart Poke Pro's V2 Xenofalcon420 0 520 07-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Xenofalcon420
  Eclipse Website Mockup Mammoth 8 1,120 05-25-2015, 02:12 AM
Last Post: GalacticGlum
  Revival of the Dead [Need Website Reviews] Zachary Herring 6 533 03-03-2015, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Zachary Herring
  Website I made. Jumbofile 13 1,172 04-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Last Post: deathtaker26
  Need help adding website chat client. Grizzy 3 4,748 11-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Yuko