Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revival of the Dead [Need Website Reviews]

Hello I would some reviews on my Website "www.Revivalofthedead.userboard.net"

It's for my Upcoming Zombie Survival MMO-RPG.

Please give me your thoughts on what would make it look better.

Thanks,

looks pretty good maybe put some blood splashes on their somewhere or bones or skulls.

Quote:
looks pretty good maybe put some blood splashes on their somewhere or bones or skulls.
Thanks, Will take into considering, I was planning to add a banner and some other icons but no one has time to do banner or some small graphics for some paypal $

• it's a forum.
  • Mismatched layout. Pick a better theme with less clutter and more structure.
  • Please get rid of the custom cursor, this isn't 2002.
  • By the same "this isn't 2002" point, ignore Johnson's suggestions on adding blood/bones. It's dated, and will look bad if you simply do not get the theme absolutely pinpoint perfect. Nothing wrong with a simple site.
  • Too many usergroups. For now, you just need Administrators and Members. Moderators can come along when you actually have a userbase.
  • Too many subforums. Any user looking at it will see the dead subs, assume your forum is dead and leave. There are forums that you won't even be using until your game has a release.
    • Merge Announcements and Developer Blogs - topic titles can separate the type of post, after all, only admins can post in there, no?
    • Get rid of Player Guides - there isn't even a game to have a guide for yet! Later on, you can sticky a topic and separate your guides in different posts.
    • Get rid of Bug Report for the same reason as Player Guides. Later on, you can have a stickied topic in your General Discussion board for Bug Reports, NOT its whole subforum.
    • Introduce Yourself does __not__ need its whole subforum. Destroy it, make a topic in Off Topic
    • Support, Suggestions and Feedback (rename to Support & Feedback) can be merged into one board...and also do not need to exist until your game has been released.
    • Forum Games and Role Playing can be merged. They shouldn't even exist yet, you have no members to justify it! Just create an Off Topic subforum for now.
  • [*]If you can, change the ridiculous board legends. At the very least, swap the hand popping from a grave with the normal grave one; if there are no new posts, a grave being...standard (?) would make sense, no?
    [*]Remove the zombies GIF, it's distracting.
    [*]Get rid of your Portal page and remove links directing users to it, there's nothing on it.

Quote:

• it's a forum.
  • By the same "this isn't 2002" point, ignore Johnson's suggestions on adding blood/bones. It's dated, and will look bad if you simply do not get the theme absolutely pinpoint perfect. Nothing wrong with a simple site.
  • Too many usergroups. For now, you just need Administrators and Members. Moderators can come along when you actually have a userbase.
  • Too many subforums. Any user looking at it will see the dead subs, assume your forum is dead and leave. There are forums that you won't even be using until your game has a release.
    • Merge Announcements and Developer Blogs - topic titles can separate the type of post, after all, only admins can post in there, no?
    • Get rid of Player Guides - there isn't even a game to have a guide for yet! Later on, you can sticky a topic and separate your guides in different posts.
    • Get rid of Bug Report for the same reason as Player Guides. Later on, you can have a stickied topic in your General Discussion board for Bug Reports, NOT its whole subforum.
    • Introduce Yourself does __not__ need its whole subforum. Destroy it, make a topic in Off Topic
    • Support, Suggestions and Feedback (rename to Support & Feedback) can be merged into one board...and also do not need to exist until your game has been released.
    • Forum Games and Role Playing can be merged. They shouldn't even exist yet, you have no members to justify it! Just create an Off Topic subforum for now.
  • [*]If you can, change the ridiculous board legends. At the very least, swap the hand popping from a grave with the normal grave one; if there are no new posts, a grave being...standard (?) would make sense, no?
    [*]Get rid of your Portal page and remove links directing users to it, there's nothing on it.

you have your suggestions and i have mine you don't have to tell anyone to ignore someone elses opinion.

Quote:
you have your suggestions and i have mine you don't have to tell anyone to ignore someone elses opinion.

This statement is contradictory.

Quote:

• it's a forum.
Wow you was right.. It makes sense and made it look better 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eclipse Website Mockup Mammoth 8 1,122 05-25-2015, 02:12 AM
Last Post: GalacticGlum
  Poke Pro's Website [Need Reviews] Zachary Herring 14 1,052 03-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Zachary Herring
  Website I made. Jumbofile 13 1,181 04-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Last Post: deathtaker26
  Need help adding website chat client. Grizzy 3 4,748 11-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Yuko
  LPG Website c: 202zhavier 0 500 10-31-2013, 06:35 PM
Last Post: 202zhavier