Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[WIP]Mario & Luigi: New Adventures Beta

We have 3 runtime installers just incase one or the other doesn't work. In the Project MLO folder, there are 3 files that are in all caps. Find the one called "RUN THIS BEFORE PLAYING MLO AS ADMIN" and right click it, then click "Run as administrator". It will install the runtimes needed for the game. If it doesn't work, try the other two as well as running THEM as administrator.

I'd also like to pointout the features the current engine (VB6 Eclipse Stable 1.2 heavily modified engine) has as of now (Minor and Major):
Server select screen.

Best Player of the game which gets displayed on the main menu.

Custom soundfont for midi music files to make them sound orchestrated.

Encrypted graphics.

3 characters per account.

Character select screen displays all 3 characters, including name, class, level, stats, and class description. Also shows IP from last login and current login.

Custom chatbox sounds.

Player ranks show in global chat with the time the message it was sent on server time, as well as having their own color.

Player jumping (just changing sprite y because there is no Z coordinates or physics needed), as well as having ledges on map to jump off from or onto.

Item blocks (basically chests) when you jump under them to get an item.

Coins and Star Pieces animate on maps.

Custom HUD bars for HP, FP, AP, Coins, and EXP/Star Points in game.

Character banks and account banks with 200 slots for each.

Super speed running (x2 run speed but drains more SP) while holding Shift + Ctrl. Shows a flame effect (can be disabled).

Shops with item type tabs like equipment, healing, or other while each hold 66 items each. When an item is selected, it shows all the details for said item. All items are drawn in their own box.

Player housing. Each player can have their own house (its not account housing!) The player must buy a land deed with a certain amount of ingame coins and then use the land deed to get a house. Players can customize their own house, as well as have their own music.

Game over screen.

Poison wars PvP minigame. Shoot the opponent with poison arrows. Every time you shoot poison arrows, you spawn bombs underneath you which instantly kill someone when they walk on it. The Poison Wars maps respawns every 2 minutes to clear out the bombs. There are different tier poison arrow bows which increase in firing speed, which you can purchase with the poison wars currency you get when killing opponents in Poison Wars.

Flash Events as well as flash game arcade. Hidden flash events located around the game.

Mario Kart Racing. Race up to 1-11 other players in many tracks! Use bananas, mushrooms, lightning bolt, time stop, gold mushroom, and star currently to help you win the race.

Questing with questlog showing informationn about the quests you are on or completed, as well as the items/exp given and items/enemies needed.

Inventory with 40 slots which are organizable. Currently equipped equipment wont take inventory slots. You can have 2 of the same weapons equip to dual wield. (Optional)

Player names, Guild names, and Titles go underneath the player.

Playername colors are dependent on player rank

Moderators have a custom "Moderator" graphic above their character head. Same with Mappers and up, but have "GM".

Guilds can have their own description, as well as a custom graphic emblem, which shows near guild names under players.

Private message box to sned private messages to players instead of using the !playername command. (Optional)

NPC Messages write out npc text letter by letter.

Ingame news that scrolls.

FPS counter on client GUI.

Map transfer fading. Whenever you switch a map, it transitions.

Mac Address, and HDID banning. Advanced banning basically. Still includes IP banning.

Turn based combat (against enemies sadly). Battle solo or with a group of friends against up to 5 NPCs Mario & Luigi / Paper Mario / Super Mario RPG Style. Action commands like A/ctrl button when attacking for more or less damage, and B/ALT for blocking to take less or more damage. Status ailments and buffs like burn, freeze, confuse, dizzy, angry, defense down, attack down, def up, attack up, and more are included as well. AoE or single target attack / heal spells or items work. There are 3 types of battles: 1 Normal where you can party with friends and running away. 2 Miniboss where you can party with friends but cannot run away from, and 3 Boss where you cannot party or run away from.

8 Chapters to complete. Over 400+ explorable maps.

Pit of 30 Trials (Like in Paper Mario TTYD / Super Paper Mario but minus 70 floors lol) where the player must complete each floor to the end.

Event Tower where events take place.

Tile movement (sadly). Will be pixel movement in the VB.net release.

X and Y Coordinates (sadly). Will include Z coordinates in the VB.net release.

PvP Maps have a "VS" graphics on the bottom right of the screen.

Player kill / level up box. Appears when a player kills another player in PvP or Poison Wars or when someone levels up.

Item rarity. 0 - 4 (Common through Legendary). 

More equipment slots such as Middle Badge slot, Cape slot, and a Booster slot.

Save blocks / Respawn point blocks. You will respawn under these when you die.

NPC Levels. Attack sight range will increase or decrease depending how your level is far or near its level.

Multiple currencies.

Cooking / crafting. Use one or 2 items together to get a whole new item! Must see Tayce. T (Cooking Toad) in New Evergreen City. (sadly)

A logoff button. This button will just bring you back to the character select screen. This can fix the black screen glitch when DirectX glitches out.

Custom credits screen when you quit the game ingame.

And many more because I can't remember all off the top of my head lol.

I Created a account but when i try to create a charcter it says: "a 2D Mario online rpg has stopped working" HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Sad

I'd like to add on to my previous statement using bold.

We have 3 runtime installers just incase one or the other doesn't work. In the Project MLO folder, there are 3 files that are in all caps. Find the one called "RUN THIS BEFORE PLAYING MLO AS ADMIN" and right click it, then click "Run as administrator". It will install the runtimes needed for the game. If it doesn't work, try the other two as well as running THEM as administrator.

If you tried the above method, then try this:
Find the one called "RUN THIS BEFORE PLAYING MLO AS ADMIN" and right click it, then click "Properties". Find the tab called "Compatibility" and click it. Find a box called "Compatibility Mode", and check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:". Go through the list and try different ones when testing to see if it fixes your error. Try ones  except 'Windows Vista' or Windows 7'.  The ones that you normally would try testing is 'Windows 95', 'Windows 98 / Windows Me', or 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or 3)'. Then find a box called "Settings". Check "Run this program as an administrator.", then click the apply button and click ok.

Repeat the process with the other two files in all caps to test if it works or not.

Also make sure there are no ".bmp" files in the \GFX\Sprites\ folder. Delete any ".bmp" files you see.

i dont see properties anywhere. (btw im using windows 7)

Here is a screenshot of it:
[Image: xL8IU7w.png]

Here is a screenshot of the Compatibility tab:
[Image: JmuckzS.png]

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd i wuv you now

Just created a character. Name: SonicKid2016 Class:Boshi. Smile

I seem to be having an issue with error '481', in which you say to delete all .bmp files in the GFX files, which I do, but when I run the game and start to click on the empty character box to make a character it puts the .bmp file back into the sprites folder and opens up the error message again, I tried to deleted this many times but it still puts it back. I am also running Windows 10, if that helps at all.

[Image: bqVscOy.png]

(12-27-2015, 11:45 PM)Nickpop123 Wrote: I'd like to add on to my previous statement using bold.

If you tried the above method, then try this:
Find the one called "RUN THIS BEFORE PLAYING MLO AS ADMIN" and right click it, then click "Properties". Find the tab called "Compatibility" and click it. Find a box called "Compatibility Mode", and check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:". Go through the list and try different ones when testing to see if it fixes your error. Try ones  except 'Windows Vista' or Windows 7'.  The ones that you normally would try testing is 'Windows 95', 'Windows 98 / Windows Me', or 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or 3)'. Then find a box called "Settings". Check "Run this program as an administrator.", then click the apply button and click ok.

Repeat the process with the other two files in all caps to test if it works or not.

Also make sure there are no ".bmp" files in the \GFX\Sprites\ folder. Delete any ".bmp" files you see.

This should help I think. Of course, delete the .bmp files but do the thing above it. SonicKid had a problem with the New Character / Character screen, which this should fix.

Apparently theres a bug that not letting battle any enemies. AT ALL. ill just wait for new mario and luigi new adventures (aka the VB.net version.)

(01-09-2016, 08:51 PM)SonicKid2016 Wrote: Apparently theres a bug that not letting battle any enemies. AT ALL. ill just wait for new mario and luigi new adventures (aka the VB.net version.)

I mean I can make a patch and fix it. It's not that big of a deal. The .net version might take a long time as I am working alone on the engine myself, with some help here and there.

new version out? looks like it