A few questions about EO4 from a complete novice

Hi, I have some questions some of which could be answered by anyone and others which id prefer answers from staff.

If Ive overlooked a FAQ section that might of already answered my questions i apologize, and if there is not such a section or sticky i reccomend one i will likely be asking questions that others have asked and will ask in the future.

Regaurding V5:

aproximately when should i expect the release of V5?

gold members have been said to have beta access to V5, has this happened? if not yet then when?

What type of compatability is planned for V5 between V5 and other versions of EO?

Lua scripts have been rumored to be involved with V5, what type of customization is possible using said scripts?

Does V5 include a Crafting system and if not would it be possible to create one using lua script?

likewise with Aggro? ( a measure of interest npc has in attacking a target in comparrison to other targets also damaging npc)

Reguarding Alternatives to EO4-5:

What engine would you suggest other than Eo4-5?

Which engine contains the most of the following?

Crafting system

Aggro system

Monsters(npc) drop items other than gold

monster(npc) properly seeks players if set to do so

monster(npc) moves at a rate similar to the player

Randomly generated dungeons with more options including treasure chests, more enemies, and traps

Reguarding Talent for hire:

for both mapping and modding who are some of the more notable/trustworthy?

Regaurding V5:

gold members have been said to have beta access to V5, has this happened? if not yet then when?

What type of compatability is planned for V5 between V5 and other versions of EO?

Lua scripts have been rumored to be involved with V5, what type of customization is possible using said scripts?

Does V5 include a Crafting system and if not would it be possible to create one using lua script?

likewise with Aggro? ( a measure of interest npc has in attacking a target in comparrison to other targets also damaging npc)

Crafting system

Aggro system

Randomly generated dungeons with more options including treasure chests, more enemies, and traps

The release of EclipseV won’t be for another five months or so. Although I’m not a developer of the engine, it’s been over a year since its announcement, and we haven’t seen many updates as of late. In terms of the features of EclipseV, other than what’s been already confirmed and displayed (Mapping, and lua scripting), I can’t say what will or won’t be in the engine. Although the engine will be closed source, the lua system was said to be in place to fill that void. So, I’m assuming it should be very dynamic.

Other than 4 and V, I’d suggest 2.0 if you’re interested in programming, or Seth’s engine. I don’t know the featurelist, but he does offer continuing support which is pretty nice. I recommend you look into it. Eclipse Worlds I think it’s called… Richy is pretty reliable and trustworthy for Mapping. He helped Agoraphobic for his game, but he hasn’t been around recently. As for programming work, refer to this thread.

You shouldn’t expect it, because there is no planned date…

Once again, no planned date.

Eclipse V is built for the web, Javascript and HTML5… As compared to the outdated VB6 of EO4 and older…

To be honest, we don’t know this either but if I had to guess it’s because Eclipse V is closed source so it’s to be able to make “Edits” without having the actual source.

There really isn’t much said about the features of V but if it’s in EO4 My guess is it has a chance of being in V

Maybe, there’s so much unsaid about V.

CS:DE (CrystalShire Developer Edition… it’s around here somewhere)

If you’re looking for someting in a better language then VB6 Check out what’s around. I have OpenGypsy but it’s more for people who REALLY know what they’re doing at its state of release

Crafting system

Aggro system

Haven’t really touched this engine in years but like I said, CS:DE is best.

Mapping… No clue,

for modifications, it really depends…

Growlith opened a programming shop, he’s pretty trust worthy.

Chief and Lenton are GREAT for the web, even if they both have different oppinions on how it should work.

Matt is great with .net languages and could help you out if you need help in .net, I’m not sure what his skills are in VB6 but If I recall he should be good at it

Lex_The_Great doesn’t have a post but I recommend talking to him, he’s great with what he does. I’d say him and I are about on the same level of programming.

I personally am a great developer, but I haven’t touched VB6 in years.

These are probably the most trusted people on the forums in my honest opinion.

Other Engines, I’d recommend Eclipse Worlds, Eclipse Renewal, or Mirage Legacy. They are decent engines to use and have quite a few features.

Officer Johnson is a good programmer but has his own game to work on and also Eclipse Renewal.

Not sure about mappers, I know Richy is a good mapper if you ever talk to him, Ryoku (if that’s his name here) is also a good person to talk to, not sure if he maps much now though.

thankyou for all of your answers