D: microsoft bought minecraft

What is next O.o wonder what they will do…

No one cares… I explained this to you lex, Mojang killed Minecraft months ago. Not only that the majority of the minecraft population consists of cringeworthy dudes who can’t get a date. The kind with neck beards and fedoras. And rude obnoxious children who parents don’t care what they do online.

Why would you care what people playing the game are like? There are plenty of servers full of good people. Or just play with friends.

wtf crest. Seriously?

With that being said lol, I havent really been a huge Minecraft player. I played a bit with some friends and it was a good time. I recently got the Xbox version and I must say it is actually pretty fun. I know you dont have all the mods and stuff but it is a pretty good port in my opinion. I dont think Microsoft will do a ton with it, but it is already at a point where what more do you really need? I imagine most of you guys are on pc anyway with unlimited mods.

I hope they bring it in a good direction. Lately updates for the game have taken a lot longer than they used to. It used to be every month or 2 an update would come out but now it’s one or two a year. I kind of think it’s a good thing for a large corporation to own a large game. Maybe they’ll implement systems that have needed to be in the game for a long time such as a friends list.

Didn’t they buy Mojang? I know that that, in extension, applies to Minecraft, but still. lol

Didn’t they buy Mojang? I know that that, in extension, applies to Minecraft, but still. lol

Yup thats correct. They did also buy Mojang.

I’ll just leave this here whilst laughing at the irony of people thinking Microsoft Studios having their hands in something is a bad thing… Cough, Halo: Combat Evolved, cough, its a publisher, cough.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_published_by_Microsoft_Studios

Why would you care what people playing the game are like? There are plenty of servers full of good people. Or just play with friends.

wtf crest. Seriously?

With that being said lol, I havent really been a huge Minecraft player. I played a bit with some friends and it was a good time. I recently got the Xbox version and I must say it is actually pretty fun. I know you dont have all the mods and stuff but it is a pretty good port in my opinion. I dont think Microsoft will do a ton with it, but it is already at a point where what more do you really need? I imagine most of you guys are on pc anyway with unlimited mods.

Sorry dude, nothing pisses me off more than minecraft…. I used to run servers with lex all the time, we ran some great servers and around the last year and a half the game just filled with kids begging for staff, ranks, trolls, kids attempting to scam and failing… that’s all it really is. In the past it was great, you had great communities awesome servers, factions, townies, people playing for the enjoyment of the game. now it’s like everyone and their mothers owns a server and kids don’t learn to respect rules of a community,

Sorry dude, nothing pisses me off more than minecraft…. I used to run servers with lex all the time, we ran some great servers and around the last year and a half the game just filled with kids begging for staff, ranks, trolls, kids attempting to scam and failing… that’s all it really is. In the past it was great, you had great communities awesome servers, factions, townies, people playing for the enjoyment of the game. now it’s like everyone and their mothers owns a server and kids don’t learn to respect rules of a community,

I don’t play minecraft anymore I created the topic because mojang is not owned by notch anymore. wanted to see what others though since I spend two years? I think it was two years of my life with crest n’ servers

Microsoft bought mojang (I think) because they only appeal to older folk. What kid would buy a windows phone when everyone else has iPhones? xD Now that they have minecraft they can monopolize off of children (Their parents money)

What I really hate is how they changed their eula and then this happens not to far after XD

I don’t play minecraft anymore I created the topic because mojang is not owned by notch anymore. wanted to see what others though since I spend two years? I think it was two years of my life with crest n’ servers

Microsoft bought mojang (I think) because they only appeal to older folk. What kid would buy a windows phone when everyone else has iPhones? xD Now that they have minecraft they can monopolize off of children (Their parents money)

What I really hate is how they changed their eula and then this happens not to far after XD

It’s not really a monopoly. That’s like saying microsoft is the only maker of phones and the only maker of “Physic/Sandbox” games. Besides, I own a windows phone, and the problem with microsoft isn’t the phone… it’s the app market, it’s very dry.

I’ll just leave this here whilst laughing at the irony of people thinking Microsoft Studios having their hands in something is a bad thing… Cough, Halo: Combat Evolved[…]

Have you heard of Rare? MS bought them and then killed them. Your argument is terrible, however, I am a fan of this specific deal. Minecraft never became a proper game, and It’s always irritated me. I think MS can turn it into something that becomes fun for me again.

You mean a list of the highest grossing games in the history of gaming that were published by the studio getting bashed in this topic is a terrible arguement? I’m at a complete loss. Lol.

Have you heard of Rare? MS bought them and then killed them. Your argument is terrible, however, I am a fan of this specific deal. Minecraft never became a proper game, and It’s always irritated me. I think MS can turn it into something that becomes fun for me again.

Why is it always Rare lol, how long ago was that again?

Microsoft is almost as bad as Activision. Their multiplayer of Halo 4 died really fast. Bungie at-least continues to support their games when they quit making tons of money. The whole campaign expansion they did was not even fun, it was pointless shooting. They should of spent that time improving the multiplayer!