Screenshot map in EO 3

Hi everyone, I’ve been trying to take a screenshot of a map i’m making using the Screenshot Map tool in the admin panel. It seems like every time I try to screenshot it (or any map) it comes up with a blank picture. I’ve tried multiple photo editors and viewers and it’s still blank in every one. Anyone know how to fix this?

Example:

Checked codes they look fine how are you opening it

Checked codes they look fine how are you opening it

Do you mean how am I opening the file?

yes like are you taking pic then left click open in whatever or are you just click opening it

screenshot on eo 3.0 dont work :]

screenshot on eo 3.0 dont work :]

yea i’m looking in to how to fix it

Was a solution ever found for this?

You have to recreate it in dx8 since it was coded in dx7 I did it on my main computer. when I get home (4-5 days) if no one else figures it out I will post a tut

You have to recreate it in dx8 since it was coded in dx7 I did it on my main computer. when I get home (4-5 days) if no one else figures it out I will post a tut

Awesome 😄

This may be an old topic but nobody ever made a fix for it. Bump.

i know this is an exceedingly cheap way of fixing this but load 2 graphic libraries at the same time(DX7 and DX8), and when you go to take a screenshot, just render a small DX7 box in a hidden picturebox(not shown on the actual screen, just like outside the form border) then just take the map being rendered on the picturebox and save it. As i said, it’s a cheap way of doing it but im almost certain it works

Just bumping this seeing as how there wasn’t really any ever proper solution found to this. (The topic may be old but I decided to bump it rather than making a new topic)

Wow forgot about this! Wonder if I still have that laying around somewhere

Wow forgot about this! Wonder if I still have that laying around somewhere

If you do have it please post it. 🙂 It would be very useful.

I’m just going to bump this again. 😛 It’s a feature I’d really like to use for when I decide to post a thread for my game. It would also probably be found useful for many others! 🙂

Growlith1223 is right, you have to save it to a picturebox, thats the only way of doing it without coding a novel.

Growlith1223 is right, you have to save it to a picturebox, thats the only way of doing it without coding a novel.

Ah I see, I guess thats the best way to do it now.