Playin around in photoshop with textures and cartoon painting.
It looks very wrong, except the characters and grass, which are 4, respectively 6 on a scale from 1 to 10.
1. clouds shouldn’t be all blured out, make all layers of the clouds into a smart layer and apply Gaussian Blur, then click on the mask from the left of the effect and do a gradient so clouds are blured out near the horizon line.
2. don’t make the horizon line a straight line, landscapes have mountains, hills, and other stuff.
3. the grass texture from under the brushes is too repetitive, you could add another layer of grass smaller than the one you already have in order to obscure the view of the texture a bit, and the longer you look in the horizon the smaller grass should be, so make a higher difference in size between the close grass and the far one.
4. don’t add shadow to trees from the effects. instead duplicate the layer and warp it over the grass, then apply gaussian blur, change opacity to 60%, fill to 0% and add a color overlay of black and put it on overlay (never tried with overlay before, just thought about it right now, so it might not look that good)
5. the characters don’t have shadows, follow up the same process from before.
6. the menu isn’t centered, and the “selected” image (the oval with red gradient and yellow stroke) could be a simple gradient overlay with black and black, one black transparent, mirrored, and on vertical, then every other effect disabled and fill to 0%.
That’s all, I think. And for the argue before, yes, you can create stuff with mouse, but you can’t do it on the same level as graphic tablet users, but they can do stuff on the same level as you (IF both users would have the same knowledge and skill)