Hello there, before I begin posting the details of the KR Project, or the Team positions I would like filled- let me introduce myself. My name is Cody, and I’m 23 years old, currently serving Active Duty for the last four years in the Army with two combat deployments to Afghanistan. My dream is create a successful community that revolves around roleplaying, games, and the likes. My experience with gaming goes as far back as the early 90’s when I was playing the snes and creating midi sound files from scratch. Since then, I’ve picked up a bit of programming here and there, (not very fluent,) and also have garnered a creative background. This includes the ability to draw, create music (I’ve DJ’ed as a hobby since 2007,) create storylines and more. If you have any questions about me personally- feel free to ask, I’m quite the open book.
Moving on. The project at hand is a game called, “Chaotic Mainlands,” and has a big background that I would like to encompass.
I created the game from scratch in almost a Dungeons n’ Dragons type gameplay- on paper, which I then in turn posted on my personal forums.
After progressing to a certain degree, I’ve decided to make a game using Eclipse resembling- or completely utilizing the gameplay aspects from the text-based version.
Key Details for Chaotic Mainlands:
- Plenty of Skills;
9. Boating (Possible update.)
- An RPG styled gameplay, but in an MMO world.
1. Players will be more than able to solo, or even roleplay their
own adventure along their journey in Chaotic Mainlands.
Not only that, but we hope to implement partying and eventually a guild
system that allows players to attack a boss, or organize
events in a guild-oriented setting.
- A loosely fit Storyline that you can choose to follow, or be free to do whatever.
1. You wake up near a farm in an open field. As you awaken, an elderly man
approaches you and inquires about you. You inform him that you have no memories
of yourself or where you come from. Upon hearing your story
the man introduces himself as the mayor of a nearby town and invites you to stay
for as long as you’d like. You realize you have 500g and the thirst for adventure
begins to flow through your veins.
- A simple but effective leveling and combat system.
1. The amount of experience needed to gain levels correlates with your current level.
2. Example: Level 1 requires 100XP to level; Level 10 will require 1000XP.
- An ever-expanding world with idea’s from the team always taken into consideration.
1. The game starts you out with a few combat oriented areas,
an area to conduct a multitude of skills and a few basic quests.
2. Upon completion of several quests, you unlock a kingdom which will branch
off into several smaller towns each with their own set of missions and possibilities.
3. The main goal? Find your memory? Settle down at the farm? It’s all
at the discretion of the player and what they want to do.
- Unique artwork, (in progress,) from several commissioned/noncommissioned artists.
1. The game’s forum has several art pieces descripting a few of the shop keepers and key NPCs
that will be apart of the game. Given this- we can design not only the sprites, (using the concept art, and descriptions,)
but also the future characters in our 3D modelling software(s).
- And plenty more.
Keep in mind that this is all for the 2D version of the game. Once this game is seriously in the works, I hope the KR team will gain a community backing, in which case, while the team is working on the bugs, I’ll be working on 3D models, or having others help me to do so, thus being able to replicate the 2D version of the game on a 3D platform utilizing Unity, (which I plan to purchase down the road.) Once we’ve got a decent amount of gameplay, trailers, and the likes created- the KR Team plans on creating a Kickstarter Project so that we can continue to develop the 3D Version of KR. Upon, (hopefully,) success of the 3D version- we plan on working on 2 more projects we’ve discussed, the first one being a horror/survival with a story and multiplayer mode- and the last being an open sandbox survival type MMO.
Lastly! The positions I need filled are to be as followed:
1. Mappers will have access to all levels of the closed and open alpha’s and betas.
During this time they will help create a 2D landscape, including vast towns, villages, mountains and the like.
If the mapper is dedicated enough, they’ll be able to contribute towards the 3D make of CM. No worries,
as I myself will be mapping certain areas, (like a special hideout for mods/admins,) and also
gearing the direction and style KR would like to go with the maps.
1. Programmers or Coders who’re efficient with the code in EO will be helping to create set code for the gameplay.
These codes could consist of anything from basic editting to heavy edditing including modifying the levelling system,
all the way up to creating a new class and skill structure. I personally am willing to learn along the way to help put code
into the game as well.
- Sprite/Icon Artists
1. At KR, we have several custom ingame NPCs that we would like to utilize in the game, or even reward
custom sprites to users who participate in future events. Not only that, but with an rpg like this, comes many sprites.
This job will consist of creating anything from transparent tilesets unique to our game, or custom sprites/icons. If it
comes down to it, I’m more than willing to contribute certain pieces to an artist and have them clean it up for me.
- Moderators (For ingame and the Forums)
1. The KR community is pretty small currently, with only a whopping 4 decently active users including myself. Though
if this game and the 3D game garner the attention I hope they will- then I’m going to need a team of moderators
that’d be willing to work on a volunteer basis to keep our game age-safe in certain places. This is the
only position that I require some form of application. If you’re curious about the application- send me
a message and I’ll link you to it. Mods will also have the chance to get a first look into the game
as we continue to develop it.
1. Because though me and the current KR team can toss around ideas left and right- it takes more than 4 to come up
with amazing ideas and get a decent amount of feedback. We’re looking for people who would be interested in a once in awhile gig
that would be willing to stay in it for the long run, all the way through the three projects I’ve mentioned above.
- Web Designers
1. Let’s face it; Though I do know a slight amount of HTML, and can edit things such as themes and certain widgets-
I’m not a pro, and I definitely don’t know how to create a boss homepage or something that will attract gamers like I hope it will.
With that being said- despite having already done some minor overhauls on my forum, I need some designers to make the site completely
As a side note, if you’ve got reasonable prices- or have AMAZING work- then I’m willing to negotiate some form a monetary payment for what you’d do on the KR team. The two Developers I currently have by my side are working on CM and for KR as a volunteer.
If you have any questions for myself, or about the game- feel free to post here or send me a PM.
If you can’t get ahold of me on here, feel free to skype me: codycasanova
Thanks for taking the time to check out my Post,