[Official] Eclipse.NET

Under Construction!

! Mirage.NET
! Where have I been?
! I know, you’re probably wondering why I am reposting and where I’ve been. Well, when I first started this project I was having a blast. While I did know enough at that time to complete this project, I decided to wait until my skills further developed. That time is now. My knowledge at this point far surpasses my knowledge then. I have about 8-10 months at college, the last 4 months are dedicated to a huge final project so now is the perfect time for me to start & complete this project. My goal is to have a stable, working version of Mirage.NET released within the next 5 months.
! How is Mirage.NET doing?
! I’m glad you asked. I wouldn’t be updating this post if I didn’t have anything to show. I did some work over the past week setting up the core features. Read on to see progress.
! Current Build Video
! B04MeaolEOw
! To-do List for Version 0.5.0
! Red: Incomplete
! Yellow: In Progress
! Blue: Debug Stage
! Green: Finished and Tested
! * State Machine

• State Machine Fade Transition
  • Intro Video Splash State
  • Multi-threaded Load State/Screen
  • Game Management For Textures, Content, Rendering, Input (Keyboard, Mouse, 360 Controller), Audio (Songs, Sound Effects), External C# Scripting
  • Fully Dynamic C# Scripting Engine With Minimal Overhead
  • XNA/C# GUI Interface & Controls (Button)
  • Tiled Map System
  • Tiled Map Editor
  • Particle Engine
  • Animation Engine

! After Version 0.5.0
! After this version is completed, I’ll begin to work on the client-server architecture which will include basic networking functionality (creating accounts, logging in, etc…).
! 0.1.1 Preview
! This preview has all of the currently implemented features. Enjoy
! Download From SkyDrive
! FusionLib
! Current Version: 0.7.0
! What is FusionLib?
! FusionLib is a multi-purpose game library wrapped around XNA and C# for general game engine usage. As I build it, I will be using it as a base for Mirage.NET. Needless to say, updates to FusionLib will essentially be updates to Mirage.NET. All of the core mechanics are found here, like the stack-able state system, Game Management etc…
! FusionLib (Old)
! Download From SkyDrive
! Map Editor + FusionLib (Newest)
! Download From SkyDrive

Download

[attachment=457:ENET.zip]

And why exactly are you basing this off a horrible engine?

Not saying thats bad, look what robin did BAM something good =D

but your not going to include a “scripting system” are you? That would be a step backwards…

because that’s what started it all for me

And no Scripting Engine. I might add Lua Support in the future though.

I agree. Base some things off of Mirage, but not the engine as a whole. It has a horrible design to be honest. If you’re making everything from scratch, at least add pixel-based movement.

Movement will be pixel based, maps are fixed sizes with seamless support but the editors will still use tiles.

Please say codding will be done hard-Coded… scripting is SHIT. =P

Oh yeah of course, but like some games, I think I will add support for Lua GUI plugins.

You’re making an XNA game project or a game library to be used like a GDK?

He’s making an engine from what I have heard on MSN.

Yeah I’m basically creating a game client in XNA, server in C# and separate editors in C#.

Not better than mine. 😛 But good luck. Looks like you’re on your way.

Off topic: Aaron, I added an automatic option for map rendering to switch between isometric and tilebased.

No idea what any of you are saying but the particles are very pretty ❤

Yeah they were cool but I’m going to get rid of the shapes and keep the circles. Once I get most of this done I plan on creating a particle editor which will be cake 😛

NO! WE NEEDS STARS!

I’m slowly losing faith in humanity since no-one wants to dance about in the pretty rainbow confetti.

You’re all damn weird!

@Aeri:

NO! WE NEEDS STARS!

I’m slowly losing faith in humanity since no-one wants to dance about in the pretty rainbow confetti.

You’re all damn weird!

Umm… Uhh…

UPDATE:
Star particles are back better than ever! Control your avatar as he dances over a rainbow background with falling star particles.

Haha

YAY! I FEEL WARM AND FUZZY INSIDE ❤

An a much less serious note, when will this be ready? (NEEDSTARSSOON:D)

Well I’m going piece by piece and taking my time. if I create a custom textBox control today and think of a better way to do it tomorrow, I’ll readjust. I may spend a whole week on a textBox, who knows? I’m being very patient with this project but I can assure you there will be results.

I’ve wanted to do this myself, but I already spend to much time working on the features I wanted in the Eclipse 2.0 Engine.

I’ve wished so many times that it was in vb.net, it’s supported, & easier to use. Hate working with an outdated language.

@SeeingBlue:

I’ve wanted to do this myself, but I already spend to much time working on the features I wanted in the Eclipse 2.0 Engine.

I’ve wished so many times that it was in vb.net, it’s supported, & easier to use. Hate working with an outdated language.

I’ve grown more towards the C/C++ Syntax so that was the big thing for me in choosing C#.

And your particle generator wont cause any FPS leak?