No cycles per second on new server.

We got a new server for EverEmber, a 64 bit windows 2012 buisness server… and… when i load up the server, it doesnt have any cycles, its at 0 cps… what seems to be the issue?

We had 10+ users on at a time… and they couldnt play, nothing moved…

We installed runtime files and its EO2.0…

It works fine on my computer…

lol if it works fine why are you posting?

lol if it works fine why are you posting?

It doesnt… it works fine on my computer, on the game server… it opens, people can connect, but cycles per second remain 0 and no one can do ANYTHING…

Restart the server? o.O

Restart the server? o.O

We’ll try… give us a minute.

It worked… BUT WHY??? 😮

Because rebooting fixes everything

Basically a server runs and its internal tickcount which Eclipse relies on keeps rising, and rising. But eventually the value will be over what Eclipse is designed to run on (Far over a 32 bit value) and will thus Eclipse interprets it at some rather awkward values, breaking every timer and loop in the engine. There’s no public fix for it available as far as I am aware and some people have extended the time you can keep a server running, but generally speaking you’d need to reboot once every week or so I believe to keep things going.

Because rebooting fixes everything

LOL Of course… it will restart everything but the error might occur again…

Then you reboot again

Log in to reply