Some Basic Questions

Hey i am new to the forum and i was looking over the different engines and i think i wanna go with eclipse origins because it looks awesome with a few features and especially the directional blocking. but eitherway, i was wondering. 1. is EO open source? if not is normal eclipse open source? 2. do you have to use visual basic 6 to program thiis stuff or could you sue visual studio 2010 or is it just vb6? and lastly if it is just vb6 where on earth do i get it, i cant find a link to download it anywhere =/ Thanks for the help guys, im a computer science major but a freshman in college so i wanna try and start doing this kinda stuff but as of right now im kinda a noob 😛

Hi.Im pretty new here too and im also a noob but il try to answer.

First if youre a noob i dont think you should start with origins(it is the best eclipse engine and its preety cool too)but i think that you should start with stable,but thats only my oppinion and its youre choice.

1. is EO open source?-yes

if not is normal eclipse open source?-yes

2. do you have to use visual basic 6 to program thiis stuff or could you sue visual studio 2010 or is it just vb6? - Well i dont know if you can use visual studio 2010(but i dont think so) because im still a noob but i know that you can do it with vb6.

and lastly if it is just vb6 where on earth do I get it, I cant find a link to download it anywhere- you have to buy it.

You only can use vb6. ANY other versions wont work