[Request] Simple Source Edit

I’m using ES1.0 and I noticed one thing that I can’t edit for 1: I don’t have VB6.0 and 2: The temporary computer I’m using is way to slow to handle VB6.0(128MB of ram :S)

While making my game I noticed that when I add a stat to magic, the speed stat is raised, and when I add a stat point to speed, magic is raised. The stats still work as I add them to speed or magic, but it’s just the stats(magic and speed) were put on the wrong line I guess when the source was being made? I’m looking for anyone with VB6.0 that would be willing to just switch up the lines so I don’t have to worry about this error anymore. I have an unedited version of the source I can send to anyone willing to help, thanks in advanced!

nothing to do with source edit believe it or not and you can fix through scripting and heres 's how…

1. by a new computer yours REALLY sucks
2.open up usingstatpoint.ess (or whatever it’s called)
3. switchs the battlemsg for speed and the setplayerspeed with the battlemsg for MAGIC and the setplayerMAGI
4. viseversa (do the same for speed replace the speed with the magic)
5. save and reload scripts
6. test
-thats it your done simple.

That wouldn’t work. No matter what I play around with in that script won’t fix my problem. The red and black numbers will always be switched around. When setspeed is raised by one, the top number is changed and when i setmagic plus one the bottom number will always be changed. The only way to actually visually change this is by editing the source I believe.

@Robin:

I think Damian might have fixed it in the latest ES version then accidentally the points system.

I tried the latest version of ES but the maps don’t seem to load for me. It may just be this temporary computer I’m on… exactly why I don’t even want to work on my game on this thing.

@sirsk8aton:

I tried the latest version of ES but the maps don’t seem to load for me. It may just be this temporary computer I’m on… exactly why I don’t even want to work on my game on this thing.

The latest ES version isn’t compatible with the maps of the previous version. You’ll need to re-map everything.

Possibly why it didn’t work out too well for me… Although I think I tried a clean version of the latest ES and I still had the same problem. But again, could just be the computer.

oh that i thought you were talking about the + ….umm yeah you need visual basics to do that lol good luck XD

dude,even if EO is fully vb

you already have all on that engine to make a classic mmorpg pownez

try

–-

if still wanna hanging on stable send a link with Eclipse Stable 1.2 then
I make this to you

I tried EO, I agree it’s very good, but ES meets all the needs I want for making a game and it’s just what I’m used to. I would really appreciate it if you were to change the source for me though.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QS8S9UJW

Theres a link directing to the client I am currently using, thanks a lot!

Hmm… It seems that when I click the add stat next to speed it still says magic has been raised. I thank you for helping me out but I would still need this…

Everything else is perfect, I would just need the words magic and speed mixed around. I’m not asking you to do it cause you already helped me, but if you have some spare time it would be nice 🙂

You are my savior! Thanks a lot man, you definitely deserve a pie 🙂