[ES] Spells Don't Work (Please actually respond this time.)

On Eclipse Stable, after making a couple of spells, I use them but they deal no damage. Yes, I have it set to Death (Sub HP) and a Vital Mod. In fact, there’s no animation either; the attack becomes a normal attack that does nothing.

How exactly are you casting the spell?
Are you memorizing the spell, targeting the NPC, then using the “Insert” key or the “Cast” button to cast the spell?

“Your target is now a Dark Shaymin.”

I target the NPC and then click cast.

EDIT: When I memorize the spell and cast it, it works.

So, when you attack that certain NPC, it doesn’t do anything?
No error, np damage to the NPC, etc?

Strange, I know this happens in Eclipse Evolution 2.7, but I thought this bug was fixed in Eclipse Stable….
Try making the spell AOE (or w/e it’s called), see if you have a different solution.

No, not just that NPC. Everything, from NPC enemies to Players. It’ll only work if you memorize the spell for some reason. Is there maybe a source fix for this? And what’s AOE (w/e)?

@Kwrpg32:

No, not just that NPC. Everything, from NPC enemies to Players. It’ll only work if you memorize the spell for some reason. Is there maybe a source fix for this?

OH, that changes everything!
Yeah, I’m pretty sure you need to memorize the spell before casting it (via double-clicking the spell).
You can disable that feature via source, ideally you’d want to consult the guys over at http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/board,93.0.html

K, thanks.