[EO] encrypted graphics

hello , have a encrypted graphics tutorial for eclipse origins?

Nope, I’m not entirely 100% on how the graphics are encrypted… but… wouldn’t using a tutorial version be kinda pointless? since people could find the tutorial and decrypt the graphics?

@[PIE:

Atrophy [ICT] link=topic=60268.msg636924#msg636924 date=1273649595]
Nope, I’m not entirely 100% on how the graphics are encrypted… but… wouldn’t using a tutorial version be kinda pointless? since people could find the tutorial and decrypt the graphics?

Not really, considering they would still need the encryption key to decrypt the graphics.
Look at the Twofish Algorithm or other open source encryption algorithms; they’re very strong, and even with the source code, you’d usually need a key to decrypt it.

To answer OP’s question though, I’m not aware of any tutorial on this subject for origins; there may be one for an earlier version floating around, not to mention it’s implemented in Eclipse Evolution 1; so you could probably study the source (or the tutorial, if there is one, for another version) and get an idea of how to implement it.

There’s no system for EO specifically, but you can easily just take a general file encryption system and do a decryption whilst loading the surface.

yes, robin is right, thats how i did it on my own game too.

bit of a hassle, but it works, they cant steal anything 🙂

Damian666