Short Story Writer

Hello! As you may know, I often enjoy writing short stories. Unfortunately, I am all out of storylines, so I am working to turn your storyline into a short story.

I am an aspiring writer, working on a novel right now and for practice, I generally write lore for my game, Alley Cats. However, I’d like to take a break from my fantasy world and try yours.

If you like, I can write a somewhat longer story in exchange for some tiles or help with my game, but I’m working for practice, so I have no problem working for free. The only thing I refuse to write is about the middle/high-school kid going through teenage problems. I also will NOT write anything I find boring or cliched.

Samples:

! @Alley Cats:
! > A dark, earthy cat—no, lion, almost as she was huge!—stalked along the forest floor, keeping her nose to the very earth she stepped on. Huge fangs dropped from her jaws, slowly opening to taste the air for intruders. She suddenly jumped up, gave the area a quick mark, and ran off north. Running across the dirt and stones with sure, accurate strides, she stopped in a clearing, where another cat stood. Much different from her, this cat was orange with bright yellow stripes and some white spots. He stood confidently, despite the fact that he was intruder on the she-cat’s territory, and she was mad.

He dipped his head and meowed, “Jinx, I do not mean to be an intruder, but I have news, even ones that may interest you.” Jinx’s ears perked up a bit, although a snarl grew in her throat.
“You know that Magma cats are not welcome in this forest. Tell me what you need to before you end up with a couple of shredded ears!” Jinx hissed, clearly hostile, despite that fact that she seemed to know the trespasser.

The fiery tom’s eyes glowed with energy as he replied coolly, “No need to be rude, Jinx! I simply need to tell you that your precious woods are in danger. Not just these woods, but on a global scale, as well! Every territory ever created, fought over, and lost is in danger, for a new threat on Helios is rising.”

This got Jinx’s attention. “Helios? Evalon, do you have honey stuck in your brain? You know that Helios is too far away to be any threat to Arcania.” Her paws kneaded nervously on the soft earth. “I have not felt this danger at all, and you know that we earth cats can notice tension in the balance of the world. What is in Helios that even I cannot see?”

Evalon replied, his eyes narrowing, “Dragons,” as if that one word could describe all the danger he spoke of.

“Eh? Dragons? They’re nothing. I send warriors over to train on dragons, so they are nothing.” Jinx’s eyes narrowed to the tiniest slits, her deep green pupils glowing with wisdom, and her tail flicked dismissively.

“Not this dragon. He calls himself Drake, and he is the Master of dragons. You think those silly wyverns are difficult to kill? Try Master Drake. His golden scales may shine like glass, but they are too protective to even melt them. He can hardly feel a single hit, let alone be damaged, but…” Evalon broke off, as if too shy to continue.
Jinx snapped, “What is it? Spit it out.”

“I—I’m only level thirty.” He sighed. “I feel that, with your great level of seventy, as well as working together, we may be able to defeat Drake.”

Jinx’s eyes widened again, and she meowed in shock, “Evalon, I have a tribe to take care of, and your clan needs you. We cannot just leave them for a threat that might be taking place. I’m sorry, but we’ll have to see if someone with fewer responsibilities will take care of it.”

Evalon sighed again. “I knew you wouldn’t listen…” his eyes glinted, unreadable, as he turned away.
Jinx, feeling sorry for once, mewed, “I never said that. How about this. We shall open the Portal from Earth, and if we see any promising cats, we can transform them to our own forms. Perhaps we may pick the right one, and they will take care of this? If you agree, go tell the others…Jade and Sole will be interested to hear this.”

“And what about you?” Evalon inquired, widening his eyes. “You’re not going to sit back and make me do all the traveling, will you?” A playful glint held in his eyes the entire conversation, for he was a fire cat, full of energy.

“No.” Jinx replied slowly. “I am going to Cerium. Celice needs to know what we are doing, and only she can open the Portal. Now go, and let us hope we can pick the right cat.”

Meanwhile, in a dark alley in Chicago, a young feline comes upon a mysteriously shiny dumpster. Approaching it, he falls in, landing in the beautiful forest of Lune…
This one is definitely shorter than my average short story, but it’s mainly to show off the style of my writing.

! @Clip from a short story:
! > I was alone in the dark forest. Since I was a cat of the sky, I would normally dislike this setting, but this was a dream, so I clearly didn’t mind. No moonlight penetrated the leafy barrier above me, so I just decided to follow my instincts and walk forward. I didn’t recognize this forest, unfortunately.
I decided I should go and find Jinx, a good friend of mine, although her tongue was even sharper than her teeth. She was a cat of nature, with earthy powers, and she was very wise—she would know what to do.
When I came upon a fork in the path, there were no obvious clues as to where I should go except for the cats standing in there. On the left were Evalon and my friends, beckoning with their tails for me to follow as a few of them disappeared into the dark trees. On the other side was only one cat: the dragon feline Charm, who had escaped from her home in Helios, although her current location was unknown. Well, clearly her location was here, but that didn’t count—this was just a dream.
She simply sat in the path, cleaning her right paw and then stood up on her two hind legs—for that was what elemental cats could do, rather than crawl around on all fours—and folded her front paws across her chest. She had large, slightly torn wings that resembled the dragons’, and long claws peeked out of her footpaws, even though they were sheathed. Something about this cat drew me in, and I stood up on my hind legs as well and took a step toward her. My friends’ yowls pounded my ears, telling me to go the other way, but Charm just stood there with a look that said, “_What will you do, Kiro? It’s your choice._” I knew she was right, and despite my better judgment, I joined the treacherous cat.

You can also see some samples of quick little paragraphs in my tutorial here. You’re going to want to see the GOOD examples, not the bad. >.>

I wish you luck with this. I’ve advertised story writing here for a while, far too many people are confident that their storyline (which invariable consists of one of only a handful of endlessly reused, moldering ideas) is new and fresh and not in need of help.

Ahh, that does happen a lot. My service is a bit different though; rather than coming up with a storyline, I “flesh it out”, so to speak…I add description and plot building to the short story. :3

I’ve tried that too. Hopefully you’ll have a bit more luck than I did.

I sure hope so. :3

Would you be willing to free-write? Because I’ve got a few maps that i’m working out, but I honestly cannot think of a backstory that shows how they got there. I’m terrible with storylines. 😕

@b0bbus:

Would you be willing to free-write? Because I’ve got a few maps that I’m working out, but I honestly cannot think of a backstory that shows how they got there. I’m terrible with storylines. 😕

Yes, I can! Feel free to PM me. :3

Awesome, I was worried you’d end up in my situation!

Haha, nope! Three stories so far for him. :3 So far I’m getting plenty of positive feedback!

Well, if the workload gets to be too big, I can help you out 😄

Another request. LOL

Can you HELP right some story line for my game. I can think of story-lines 24/7 but I don’t elaborate much [such as adding a lot of descriptions].

So I was wondering if I could give you a basic story line and you elaborate on it.

It’s A medieval Fantasy game.

Sincerely,

MMORPG DUDE

@MMORPG:

Another request. LOL

Can you HELP right some story line for my game. I can think of story-lines 24/7 but I don’t elaborate much [such as adding a lot of descriptions].

So I was wondering if I could give you a basic story line and you elaborate on it.

It’s A medieval Fantasy game.

Sincerely,

MMORPG DUDE

I can do that! :3 PM me please.