Applying for (Mapper).

Hello everyone, I am applying for a mapper position (as you can tell). First I’ll tell you a little bit about me and show you some of my maps.  ;D

Experience: The first map I ever built was with Eclipse around 4 years ago. From there, I moved on to making maps for Other Eclipse games, XtremeWorld games, and just the basic map editors. I then started building maps for private servers of games (Endless Online to be exact). I have used map editors such as Tiled and other various map editors.  ;D

Why I’m applying: I have been consumed by boredom, and Eclipse has developed tremendously so I came back to give a try.  ;D

Requirements for your game: If you use more than just the preset tiles and you have a unique server (or an idea for a unique server), then leave a comment here if you need a mapper.  ;D

Screenshots:

HUGE HOUSES? CHECK.
SQUARE NATURE? CHECK.
SQUARE MINE (Not that bad actually, but still not very normal, due to veins and such)? CHECK.

And a new one; HUGE TABLE OF DOOM? CHECK.

Try checking these:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,22225.0.html
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,13225.0.html
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,47326.0.html

Then, you might get more people interesting in your newly aquired awesome mapping skills.

I know how to map thank you very much, there is only so much you can fit into a screenshot.

hmm… if you had so much experience you wouldnt of made a river square…
and considering the size of sprites you wouldnt make the table that big.

i do suggest looking at some tutorials…

and if you mapped on eo then why have you not posted any admin name etc… eo dont just accept randomers to map.

and if you were here 4 years ago why only create an account now? what version of eclipse used to be here? what other games have you worked on, have you proof of these?

@[THE-KRIS:

link=topic=60102.msg635562#msg635562 date=1273304627]
hmm… if you had so much experience you wouldnt of made a river square…
and considering the size of sprites you wouldnt make the table that big.

I do suggest looking at some tutorials…

and if you mapped on eo then why have you not posted any admin name etc… eo dont just accept randomers to map.

and if you were here 4 years ago why only create an account now? what version of eclipse used to be here? what other games have you worked on, have you proof of these?

Well first off, the river splits into 2 different rivers. The table is so big because it’s supposed to be a king’s table, hence the king chair. And I mapped on private servers of Endless Online, EOSoft (30+ Players online). I created maps for my private server as well, and I created a few maps for EOAdventure also. My Endless Online name was Pump. And I was offered a job as a mapper for the game ‘‘Leaiva Online’’, trust me when I say that I am not a ‘‘randomer’’, is this enough proof for you?

Your maps are not as great as you think they are.
Endless Online maps are nothing to be proud of.
I’m only trying to help, don’t go all defensive. Check out some other crit in the map show offs and read through the tutorials and see how you can improve.

Quote from Ballie in the “Rules” thread here:

"This is not a criticism board. This board is specifically for applications only. It cannot be stressed enough. If you don’t like a person’s work, don’t post. "

If you don’t like it, just don’t say it. He isn’t here to look for criticisms, he just wants to get a job.

If this is how the majority of the Eclipse community acts, then I don’t want to apply or be a part of it anymore. Yes I know that these are not the best maps, I’m locking this topic just for you egotistical assholes.  ;D

/ragequit