I am currently making a java engine with lwjgl in order to be used in my future projects. Instead of one complete game engine i am making small independent engines (graphics, music, networking…) to be used when needed. So i though why not make a small easy to be made game and develop it along the engines. I searched online and found some really nice free to use space shooter graphics. And here it is
not much is done yet just basic gameplay. Options and High Score buttons do nothing as of yet but will do later on development
Download link is uptodate
- Added better input handling.
- Second version is out.
- Changed Load game button with options but it doesn’t do anything as of yet.
- Press v to enable VSync and f to toggle the frame lock on and off.
- I have added some more fonts in the font folder to change the ingame font change the name of the font you want to “font.png”
- Added better support for bitmap fonts. Now they look much more better
- Did some optimizations on the way the Graphics engine handles textures
- The bullets and the player has been speed up a bit also enemies fire bullets more frequently
To do list:
- Fix some issues with the time step
- Optimize graphics engine
- Make proper GUI classes
- Start the music engine
- Start the database engine
- Start the physics engine
- Start the networking engine
I will keep a track of the 10 people that get the higher score so post your screenshots here and i will add you to the list
- Scara - 9600
- blkcrow - 8400
- Sherwin - 7900