Question

Hi,

I want to add my name to my game’s client, The credit section. Can someone tell me how i can add it i want to add it before the part where it say this game has been created… I am not going to delete the credits because that would be against the terms and condution however u spell it.

I hope i wont be yelled at this time cuz thats what the did lastime for somereason.

You can make the credit image in your clients GUI folder bigger and add your credits onto the bottom. But if you want to add your name to the existing credits or change the layout you will need to edit the source code. Which requires Visual Basic 6.

Or if you use Origins you can edit the credits in the client folder.

@Marsh:

You can make the credit image in your clients GUI folder bigger and add your credits onto the bottom. But if you want to add your name to the existing credits or change the layout you will need to edit the source code. Which requires Visual Basic 6.

@נυиgℓєтσє:

Or if you use Origins you can edit the credits in the client folder.

I see but how do i know which 1 is the existing code? I mean i have a program called PE Explorer that edits dll files and more, do i edit file in data or something?

You aren’t editing a dll though. In VB6, open the client, and the form for the credits, and edit the label or whatnot it is.

@IceCream:

You aren’t editing a dll though. In VB6, open the client, and the form for the credits, and edit the label or whatnot it is.

I see, can you please give me a link where i can download it from? I downloaded it myself but it doesnt open my .exe for somereason it doesnt work.

@samih1996:

@IceCream:

I see, can you please give me a link where I can download it from? I downloaded it myself but it doesnt open my .exe for somereason it doesnt work.

Why am i not getting any replys? I haven’t locked the topic

You need VB6 and you need to open the .vbp file. Once you’ve made the change you re-compile the .exe.

@Robin:

You need VB6 and you need to open the .vbp file. Once you’ve made the change you re-compile the .exe.

ok but where do i find the vbp file? i’m a bit confused.

@samih1996:

@Robin:

ok but where do I find the vbp file? I’m a bit confused.

Once you have Visual Basic 6.0, you go into the Client folder and open the client.vbp (or eclipse.vbp, I forget) then go into the Server folder and open server.vbp

That is, if you downloaded the Source and not the basic edition.

Source for Eclipse 2.8 can be found on the homepage - I think Origins and such come with the source by default.

@Azkanan:

Source for Eclipse 2.8 can be found on the homepage - I think Origins and such come with the source by default.

hang on a minute, when the server is offline the credits still show i donthink it is the source’s thing i think i have to do something at the client folder.

Can u help me outt withthis?

@samih1996:

@Azkanan:

hang on a minute, when the server is offline the credits still show I donthink it is the source’s thing I think I have to do something at the client folder.

Can u help me outt withthis?

The credits are in the client’s source code, moreso in the frmCredits section of the source.
You need vb6, you need to open the Client.vbp in VB6, and edit the frmCredits.frm though VB6; then recompile the engine into a new executable.

Ehmm okay… but i where do i find the client source? its not in the data base and i checked the other folders and its not there so im confused dontknow how to edit it.

@samih1996:

Ehmm okay… but I where do I find the client source? its not in the data base and I checked the other folders and its not there so im confused dontknow how to edit it.

Which Eclipse are you using? Origins, Stable, 2.8, etc?

The one on the front page, or one from the forums?

I’ll give you a link and some screenshots to the FrmCredits when I know which Eclipse you are using. 🙂

@Azkanan:

@samih1996:

Ehmm okay… but I where do I find the client source? its not in the data base and I checked the other folders and its not there so im confused dontknow how to edit it.

Which Eclipse are you using? Origins, Stable, 2.8, etc?

The one on the front page, or one from the forums?

I’ll give you a link and some screenshots to the FrmCredits when I know which Eclipse you are using. 🙂

I am using eclipse 2.8

Why isn’t anyone replying???

@samih1996:

Why isn’t anyone replying???

reply…

You need to download the version with the source.

@Soul:

You need to download the version with the source.

Ahh okay thanks. I have it now 🙂