Tons of mods?

Is it just me, or does it seem like half of all active users are mods? In nearly every thread I see there’s like forty mods posting. Am I just imagining the number? Or do others notice this?

Discuss~

There are 23 of us.

Our job, though, is to stay active in the forums, so that’s why we’re everywhere. It’s a good thing. ;D

Alright. I was just commenting on the mod to active user ratio. :3 I do agree though, having active mods is fantastic.

Well, less mods would mean disaster would unleash. A lot means that there is one on no matter what time it is. The more the better.

@Jna:

Well, less mods would mean disaster would unleash. A lot means that there is one on no matter what time it is. The more the better.

Plus, when one leaves for a while, it’s not as big an issue as if it would be if we didn’t have so many. Admittedly, I’d say only about 50% of us log in on a given day, yet the forum is usually pretty well managed.

I’m starting to stay on
and if anyone reports someone
it goes to my email and then to my phone and I get on and warn their asses. Unless I’m in school lol xD

@Ballie:

@Jna:

Plus, when one leaves for a while, it’s not as big an issue as if it would be if we didn’t have so many. Admittedly, I’d say only about 50% of us log in on a given day, yet the forum is usually pretty well managed.

That doesn’t seem correct…
I can only think of a few mods/admin that are active

You, Ninja, Gwen, AR, HM, Robin, Niko, Kender, Kusy, soul, joe, Marsh

Now… ones that actually moderate…

You, AR, Robin, Marsh

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I moderate to a degree, but I’m still getting broken in here. It’ll pick up more after the semester ends and we get flooded with more users and the occasional troll.

• Adulese

I think the problem is picking the right mods, not just too many. I mean some Mods were chosen when they had only been here for 4 months!? I mean I know they are loyal for about a month following, but they tend to leave or fade away (Soul, Anna, Goddie… Most of the mods I never see around here).

Little known fact? theres 13 admins!

JayR, Spike, SoiWilliamSoi, unnown, Baron, Admiral Refuge, Niko, Mellowz, Zetta Monkey (Fabio), renzozuken2002, Atramentous, Jrock, Marsh

I’m wondering if there’s ever gonna be any new mods coming up, I’d probably be the first to try and grab that position xD

@נυиgℓєтσє:

I think the problem is picking the right mods, not just too many. I mean some Mods were chosen when they had only been here for 4 months!? I mean I know they are loyal for about a month following, but they tend to leave or fade away (Soul, Anna, Goddie… Most of the mods I never see around here).

Actually, I see Soul and Goddie all the time. Anna quit because of a thread I made.

@Lollicat:

@נυиgℓєтσє:

Actually, I see Soul and Goddie all the time. Anna quit because of a thread I made.

Goddie left as well, Soul isn’t that active

and marsh… who the hell are  Atramentous, and Jrock.

Atramentous is one badass mofo. Jrock, its a long story XD

LOL ATRAMENTOUS I remember him, Marsh 😉

im active to a point i log in atleast once a day if i can check a few things and leave

Yeah, a majority of the mods do log in, just hidden…

I’m not really a mod. It’s more of a present from marsh for me.

@Ninja-Tech:

I’m starting to stay on
and if anyone reports someone
it goes to my email and then to my phone and I get on and warn their asses. Unless I’m in school lol xD

Really?

Since Alan is a lazy twat and never comes on, I’m pretty much the only GMT mod around now. A few active users have my phone number, so if anything big kicks off I’m only a phone call away.