Endless Waltz

Dang, it was a great game… I think the killer of it was that is was never really known to be here.

Actually…… (very long story short) My college had one spot remaining in a late start programing class ,that was not on line. I took a gamble and dropped mobile app development added the programing class. It stuck and everything worked out. So I will send a message to admins requesting to keep this topic up since there is a chance it can continue to grow.

Glad to know this game could be back in production! 🙂

Yes! I’ll need to start playing this again when I get the time 😄

Pretty sure the server is currently off line now. I haven’t started my programing class yet (it’s a late start class) but I’m both nervous and excited.

I’m actually learning how to program.

I am starting to work a head of the class now and I have stepped away from pseudo-code and I am now* making DOS programs in Java, things like rock, paper, scissors, and making a slot machine simulator. I know how to use decision structures, and loops, but have not learned arrays yet. Just finished with input validation.

I still don’t know know exactly what all the terms mean. like boolean I really don’t know exactly……

I know the basic terms, I know what a variable is, and a method and the difference between a module and a function and such.

My goal is to finish the chapter about arrays,  make three programs with arrays, and then to try to know just as much in Visual Basics as I know in Java.

DOS programs in Java… Do you mean Java command line programs? Lol, a batch file uses DOS, I don’t think Java does.

DOS programs in Java… Do you mean Java command line programs? Lol, a batch file uses DOS, I don’t think Java does.

yeah that is what I meant lol

Just so you guys know what I am up to……
I finished my 2 year degree and got an AA.
The programming class I took still had a lot of students that were doing their final assignments in “pseudo code” ( fake code)
So I guess I wasn’t really suppose to walk out of that class programming in java like I did. I made an A in that class, it was pretty easy, and I’ve found I really like programming…but the more I learn about programming…I find even more I don’t know! lol

so… I am still learning Java. I have come a long way from just making procedural code, to object oriented. Finally touching GUI’s, Networking, and Drawing graphics. I really doubt I’ll be a master any time soon, there are a lot of tricks to learn… Even thou it’s in Java, I’m still learning a lot about how things happen in VB6 ( what my engine runs on ).

The point of this was to let you guess know, that even thou the production of this game has paused for so long, I think I am going to continue this path of learning until I feel it will fully help in the development of my game.

Good to see that the game could possibly be still alive. ^_^

@‘Riften’:

Good to see that the game could possibly be still alive. ^_^

My biggest focus after graduating was getting a decent career and learning how to do that. By the time I have got to where I am now. I know my job and am learning other parts of it past my job to make it a career I have forgot so much of my programming knowledge. Luckly I have a job where I can do things I like while doing my job. So I am relearning.

Yes! 😄 You’re the best Lel lol, I loved playing your game

@'Mohenjo:

Yes! 😄 You’re the best Lel lol, I loved playing your game

Wow! thanks that means a lot !

Couple of changes in my life. Glad to say things are still going well, still have the same job. I was actually promoted and took on some other responsibilities. Its nice to see that this is a job that clearly has the opportunity to move up and really all that is needed is the willingness to learn a new task or challenge.

I have touched up on my programming as of lately; however, to be honestly have a long way to go again. 
For example: I was able to draw graphics and use listeners to move a sprite across a map and I understood it completely. I also started to get the hang of Streams and Sockets and some other basic networking. Now I am struggling to understand a simple program I made for my job that scans a text file and searches only for the info we need so its a 2 page report instead of a 32 page report.

It looks really bad for Endless Waltz currently, but there is a little something glowing inside me that makes me really sad to say I have quit. I can’t say I have quit on the idea of working on the game again. Not yet at least. Anyways - I still peek around here every once in a while, and I will be an adult and tell you guys for sure if I have quit. Its been really nice seeing some people I care a lot about are also still here. Except JC… Seriously … Robin was so much cooler…

Ah! also… It would be really nice if some has any hosting ideas for my server. I think that was the only reason why the game got taken off line. Very least I could easily put the game up as it was (everyone would probably have to start a new character v.v ) and I could work on it as it was. Probably wouldn’t be too hard. Simple to use, cheap, safe, and fast… you know… non-existent? Shoot me a PM, if you got some decent ideas.

I could host it for you, add me on skype xbenjo

@‘BeNjO’:

I could host it for you, add me on skype xbenjo

Ok I’ll send you an invite sometime soon; at the very least, so we can talk first. I forget what my name is on Skype atm (as its been ages since I been on there) so I’ll send you a PM afterwards, letting you know I sent you an invite and why 😃 Thanks for the support, I really do appreciate the thought at least!