Web Development

I’ve recently gotten into basic web development. If someone could give me some constructive criticism on my work, I’d be grateful ^_^ Thank you!

Code

! ! <title>Welcome to Ludi Ludo</title> ! ! ! ! <center> ! <a title="Nothing">![](graphics/leftBanner.png)</a> ! [url] ![](graphics/mainBanner.png)[/url] ! <a title="Nothing">![](graphics/rightBanner.png)</a> ! </center> ! ! ! <center> ! [url] ![](graphics/tabHome.png)[/url] ! [url] ![](graphics/tabDownloads.png)[/url] ! [url] ![](graphics/tabInformation.png)[/url] ! ![](graphics/tab.png) ! </center> ! ! ! <center> ! Welcome to the homepage. ! </center> ! !

result:

!

separate your styles into a css file. as it will help later depending on your structure.

I would usually use nav or span tags for navigation menus.

Also its good to get into a habbit of using a wrapper/container div’s

Also get out the habbit of using

<center>tags</center>

separate your styles into a css file. as it will help later depending on your structure.

<center>tags</center>

Basically this but…

Try indenting your code, it’ll make life easier.

For navigation use:

<nav>

[list]

[*][url]Link Name[/url]

[*][url]Link Name[/url]

[/list]
</nav>

As for the design it’s bland and has nothing worth mentioning.

Indenting in any programming language is important.

Makes it alot easier to read and debug.

(ps i think hes not after design tips more structure etc)

Indenting in any programming language is important.

Makes it alot easier to read and debug.

(ps i think hes not after design tips more structure etc)

I’ve recently gotten into basic web design.

Ah yea true well if hes after tips on that then its discustingly basic xD. If your want to produce quality more professional looking sites you obviously need to integrate graphics created in (eg photoshop) for the visual side. As for web development points i mentioned above and dr mrsean

Very bland… Nothing special. Come back when you’ve got something to show, Matt. ;)

I was after development tips. I don’t know why I put there design… In my defense, I was exhausted. Anyways, thanks for all your tips! I really appreciate it. ^_^

<center>tags</center>

As I’m still new to CSS and HTML, I didn’t know about the nav tags. I’ll be sure to put them into use! As for the divs, I thought I was using them…

you are using div’s but its a good habbit to have wrapper/container div’s it will save you in larger sites

Standard page layout: