Error run time 9 and crash server ????!!!!! help me =(

Hello to all …

I am creating an online game on pokemon, following those for normal platforms of video games …

I’ve pretty much done it all, but when I play online with a friend of mine, I get a run time error 9, and it makes me crash the server …

This error I get is not in the evocation of the pokemon but, during the fighting and during the recall of pokemon, although not always …

My pokemon are nothing more than the pet, in fact I use the command summon to call them …

How can I solve this problem?

EDIT :

I tried to play my game again with my friend …

The server crash happens only when a player uses the command (button) to recall the pet (disband) …

However, the crash does not always happen, I tried to call the pet to my friend, the first time everything goes smoothly but the second there is the crash …

However, if the players are located in 2 different maps, there is no crash …

I also noticed that when my pet recall, in the data of maooa (more 'precisely in the box in which, you set the npc visible on the map), the recalled pet looks like wandering npc not connected to my character …

I think the server crash is because you call a pet, pet but that 'is read by the program as NPCs wandering the map and then there is a conflict and then the server crashes …

Run the code through the debugging in the IDE.

When it highlights a line, hover your mouse of it and see what it says.

Runtime error 9 happens when a subscript is out of range, which means a numerical value is either too high or too low for the range, or that the data types don’t match up. Because it’s such a vague (and extremely common) error, we will need more information to help you.

Since the server is crashing, I suspect a server-side error. Run both your client and server in VB6 by loading their sources and pressing ctrl+f5. When the error happens, it should highlight a line of code. Please post the entire sub of that error here.

Also specify the line of code that is highlighted. Hover over each variable in that line of code, and tell us which variable is out of range.

Unfortunately I do not have VB6, I can not find the download = (…

So I do not know how to do it = (

Unfortunately I do not have VB6, I can not find the download = (…

So I do not know how to do it = (

Google a torrent. We can’t help you without it.

Ok, I installed VB6, now what should I do?

If it bothers you, you could explain everything step by step please?

Follow these steps

• Open up the Server.vbp
  • Press Ctrl+F5, to fully compile and run the server.
  • When the error occurs the a box will appear.
  • There will be a debug button. Click on it
  • A line will be highlighted.
  • Paste that line over here.
  • Now in the line that is highlighted hover over each word. A tool tip will appear if the current word being hovered over is variable.
  • The tooltip will have the value. The variable/word that is out of range will have a value of ‘<subscript out="" of="" range="">’ (The right hand side of the tooltip)</subscript>
  • Paste that variable/word here.

When I open the server of my game (vb6 open, open project, I try and select my server, and I’m open) …

Without this I get an error: Must have startup form or Sub Main ()

I click OK and I get a window of data compilation (I guess it’s one of the server) …

I click OK again and nothing happens …

What should I do?

That’s really odd. I’m not sure you’ve opened the correct file. It should be the only vb6 file in the client/server folder. Do not go into the source folders.

When I open the server of my game (vb6 open, open project, I try and select my server, and I’m open) …

Without this I get an error: Must have startup form or Sub Main ()

I click OK and I get a window of data compilation (I guess it’s one of the server) …

I click OK again and nothing happens …

What should I do?

Open up the Server.VBP

I opened the server.vbp

Today, trying again, the error is no longer 'out, bo XD

The server I have to keep running, or just apritlo with vb6?

Okay then. Since it seems to have solved itself, compile and run it.

Search for how to compile.

Edit main post and set tag to resolved.

the error that seems to have solved is to ctrl + f5 in vb6 XD (but is back again if I press ctrl + f5) …

Now, I have opened the file server.vbp (and I currently have the server on) now what do I do to find the error that I get in the game?

Upload the file on megaupload or something, and send me a link. I’ll take a look at it and fix it. No one can really help you too much unless they see it for themselves.

I’ll send you the download link of the folder with all files on the server via private message…

Alright, I’ll attach a document that will have a guide to what I did, so maybe you could change the original and learn how to use the basics of VB6 (which will be useful for enhancing your game further in the future).

Did you play with a friend of yours as you stated? VB6 won’t throw the error for you. The error will have to be caused by something.

The Imp, still nothing?

Ok, I still alone …

I open vb6 then what should I do?

could you explain it step by step (the beginner)