Questions about the Eventsystem

Hi there,

I use the “Eclipse - Event System 2.3” to create my Game. Now there are some things I don’t understand. I hope you can help me 🙂

In the section Flow Control of the Event Editor is the Conditional Branch. I understand the “Has Item”, “Class Is”, etc. But can you explain me about “Player Variable” and the “Self Switch”? What can I create with that and what are typical thinks you use these two things for?

Thank you very much for your help! 🙂

Player Variable as a number specific to the player that activated the event.

Player variables can be used to do… things. With numbers! I really can’t think of anything.

I assume self switch is a switch specific to the event.

Self switches can be used to create chests that can only be opened once.

Thanx for your answer!

Player Variable as a number specific to the player that activated the event.

Player variables can be used to do… things. With numbers! I really can’t think of anything.

Is it possible to create a Quest of “Collect 5 stones” and use the Player Variable for that? If it is like that how do I have to du this?

I assume self switch is a switch specific to the event.

Self switches can be used to create chests that can only be opened once.

But I can use the Player switch to create chests, don’t I? What is the difference between Player Switch and Self Switch?

Is it possible to create a Quest of “Collect 5 stones” and use the Player Variable for that? If it is like that how do I have to du this?

Sure, in a way. You could have stone events that increase the variable.

But I can use the Player switch to create chests, don’t I? What is the difference between Player Switch and Self Switch?

Player switch is a switch bound to the player, only the player will see the effects. Event switches are for the event, everyone will see the effect.

Sure, in a way. You could have stone events that increase the variable.

Can you explain how I have to do this?

Like this?:

@>Conditional Branch: Player Has Item [X1]

–-@>Conditional Branch: Player Variable […?] = = ?

–----@>

------:Else

(Sorry, if my question is to stupid…)

Player switch is a switch bound to the player, only the player will see the effects. Event switches are for the event, everyone will see the effect.

And Event switches are the self switches, right?

I recommend reading this guide, it goes into detail about Events and Switches;

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/128298-eclipse-event-system-tutorial/

I recommend reading this guide, it goes into detail about Events and Switches;

http://www.touchofde…ystem-tutorial/

Thank you! The guide is realy great!

I have another questions. But I think I hove to open a new thread because of the difference of the questions…

Thank you! The guide is realy great!

I have another questions. But I think I hove to open a new thread because of the difference of the questions…

If your question is solved, changed the tag. It makes more of a difference than you know.

I tried. Where can I do this?

Edit the post that started the thread using the full editor. There should be an option there.