2 Questions

Hello Community,

My Software i use: EclipseVB

My frist Question is:

How can I make a NPC move random or static ?

My second Question:

Is there a way, that a NPC give you a Quest, und if you reached this Quest, theres a new Quest of this Person arivabel ?

PS: Sorry for many English mistakes, i am German, but also interrested in Eclipse.

1. Make the NPC a shopkeeper type.

2) You will have to add in a Quest system. Tutorials can be found here. You will need VB6 to do this.

Make yourself an admin. Type in /editquest to open up the quest editor. Make a quest. Assign a quest to an NPC or assign a conversation to the NPC and then through the conversation editor add a Quest event.

All npcs move randomly except shopkeeper and attack on sight. No attacking npcs are static, unless surrounded on 4 sides by npc avoid attributes.

On the second question, do you mean a single NPC can give you several quests in order (finishing one quest unlocks another)? You will either need an engine with a switch system or need to install the code yourself. If this is what you want, please search around the forums using the search term “switches”. I will warn you that it is much more complicated. What Abhi has suggested would work and is much easier, but would allow you to accept all of the quests at once.

Hello Community,

My Software i use: EclipseVB

My frist Question is:

How can I make a NPC move random or static ?

My second Question:

Is there a way, that a NPC give you a Quest, und if you reached this Quest, theres a new Quest of this Person arivabel ?

PS: Sorry for many English mistakes, i am German, but also interrested in Eclipse.

This is an ideal question, and it gave me just the sort of hope I needed. Welcome to the forum!

If you want to make an attacking NPC stay in one place, you can use the map attributes called “NPC Avoid”. While every NPC will avoid that tile, all players will be able to walk on it. Quest requirements for conversations are planned, but are not implemented yet. Please be patient! ^_^