Game editing

Do I need to have my game online for me to edit it?
And…
Do I need to have any programing/scripting experience for creating the game?

You’d require scritping/programming from yourself or your team to make it unique, and you can only edit some parts offline, other parts require being online.

Look in my sig and read some of the tutorials.

Generally no you do not need any scripting knowledge, but it would improve your game if you had some.

To edit the game, you must have the server running, and you must be on a character in game with administrator access as all the editors you need are built into the game client.

@Umbra!:

Generally no you do not need any scripting knowledge, but it would improve your game if you had some.

To edit the game, you must have the server running, and you must be on a character in game with administrator access as all the editors you need are built into the game client.

Theres source editing, .ini edits and such that don’t require the server to be online.

@Downloads:

Theres source editing, .ini edits and such that don’t require the server to be online.

Source editing requires VB6 and programming knowledge. INI files only allow you to alter some configurations, they aren’t really part of the game editing itself.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlordess:

Source editing requires VB6 and programming knowledge. INI files only allow you to alter some configurations, they aren’t really part of the game editing itself.

Regards,
  Godlord.

Well its still editing the game, even in small portions.

@Downloads:

Well its still editing the game, even in small portions.

Technically yes, but realistically all it is is setting stuff so your game can be edited.

Editing ini’s is setting up the game.
In game editors is editing the game.

@Umbra!:

Technically yes, but realistically all it is is setting stuff so your game can be edited.

Editing ini’s is setting up the game.
In game editors is editing the game.

Last off topic post: Is any of this on topic anymore?