Server help please

Ok so basically, I’m trying to set up a game server of course.  Problem is, people can’t connect to me.  So I read somewhere here if you use Hamachi and create a new network, people will be able to connect by just typing in the network’s IP and whatever port (I suppose the one you port forwarded) and be able to connect.  Supposedly when you install Hamachi and make a new network, when you open up the server in the server folder, it’s supposed to now use that Hamachi network IP you got.  Problem is that it doesn’t with me and still uses my internal IP rather than the Hamachi network that I created’s IP.  So what do I need to do or can you you guys clear up how to exactly use Hamachi with a server?

Have you port forwarded?

@DNA:

Have you port forwarded?

…Yes I have.

Did you give them your IP?

I gave them my internal IP, yes.  or else how would I have forwarded the port.

Then I got nothin’.

…BTW:
Don’t use Hamachi.
It’s evil.
EVILLLLLLL!!!

……Wow thanks for the help!..sigh. sarcasm

Does anyone have any actual help?

I’m not kidding about Hamachi.
It shut down my internet.

DNA Virus, stop spamming.

To the OP:
If you navigate to the “Tutorials” board and click the “MUST READ TUTORIALS” topic (or whatever it’s called), there is a hamachi tutorial in there.

For the record, when you give out your IP, you do not use your internal one; the internal one (starting with 192. usually) is for telling the router what to port forward; you give your members your external IP (found at www.ipchicken.com ) to connect to; that external IP leads them to your router, and the router forwards the connection to your computer.

I know I don’t give out my internal IP and I’ve read that tutorial.  I followed it to the letter and didn’t get the same result the maker did thus why I made this thread.

try no-ip.com
The program you download allows you to choose the i.p. you want. This is what you use if you use no-i.p.

@мсичġġεт:

try no-ip.com
The program you download allows you to choose the i.p. you want. This is what you use if you use no-i.p.

You would still need to port forward and stuff; if his external IP isn’t working, no-ip probably wouldn’t either.

OP, did that Hamachi tutorial help any?

@Admiral:

You would still need to port forward and stuff; if his external IP isn’t working, no-ip probably wouldn’t either.

OP, did that Hamachi tutorial help any?

No, that’s why I made this thread in the first place…

Just have the users download Hamachi, connect to your network, then put the IP hamachi gave you, in their Config.inis

The IP is given by Hamachi and the port whatever you set it to.

It was already answered, Ridrik

Thank you admiral Refugee. The other members getting hamachi was the key.

I do have another question though that is sort of unrelated to this topic.  In-game, when I type /warpto insert map number here in an attempt to warp quickly to a map, I always get the message “Invalid command!”.  My access is at 5 though.  I don’t know what’s wrong.  It also happens with /warpmeto and /warptome.

@Super_Mario:

Thank you admiral Refugee. The other members getting hamachi was the key.

I do have another question though that is sort of unrelated to this topic.  In-game, when I type /warpto insert map number here in an attempt to warp quickly to a map, I always get the message “Invalid command!”.  My access is at 5 though.  I don’t know what’s wrong.  It also happens with /warpmeto and /warptome.

In your Server Control Panel, make sure scripts are turned on.

@Admiral:

In your Server Control Panel, make sure scripts are turned on.

thanks again!