Boss Spawn

So i want to make a boss spawn when certain amount of the mobs has been killed or certain amout of the resource has been taken how would i go about doing this? any tuts on this?

There isn’t, but you could take a look at how NPC’s spawn, and work from there.

Or if you are using EO 3.0, you can easily do this with event system (idk if in 2.3 is NPC spawn option)

Or if you are using EO 3.0, you can easily do this with event system (idk if in 2.3 is NPC spawn option)

Or he could use a proper supported engine.

1,000th post ~ woo ^_^

Well I’m not gonna tell you how, but I’ll give you the process I’d start out with…

• Add a variable to the bottom of the PlayerRec to keep track of your player’s kills like (PreBossNPCKills) and even one for resources.like (PreBossResourceKills)

NOW WE HAVE THE VARIABLES WE NEED TO CHECK

• So now we make a new sub. Name is something catchy like “Sub CheckBossSpawn()” :P

• You might want to know things for this sub like npc num/resource num and the player’s index.

• To identify which boss to spawn and what kills to track, I would use the npcnum as the base such as…

Public Sub CheckBossSpawn(ByVal Index as Long, ByVal NPCNum as Long, ByVal ResourceNum)

Select Case NPCNum

Case 1 'Needle stick lol idfk

If GetPlayerMap(Index) = THEMAPYOUWANT Then

If we have the right NPC(s) to use Then

PreBossNPCKills = PreBossNPCKills + 1

End If

Check the kills now, if they're right, spawn the boss

End If

End Select

Select Case ResourceNum

Case 1 'Big Ass Tree

If GetPlayerMap(Index) = THEMAPYOUWANT Then

If we have the right Resource to use Then

PreBossResourceKills = PreBossResourceKills + 1

End If

Check the kills now, if they're right, spawn the boss

End If

End Select

-Now call the sub in both the NPC death and the Resource Death…

That’s how I would do it basically. I hope that helps.