Recently on Eclipse we’ve decided that we need to centralise the names of our engines to avoid confusion. I can imagine it must be difficult for a newbie to come on and see 50+ versions of “Eclipse Origins”. So, “Eclipse Origins” (my continued version at least) will from now be known as EclipseVB or EVB for short. We’ve been slowly building up to a stable and useable engine that we are now going to promote as Eclipse’s official VB6 engine.
For those of you who don’t know, EclipseVB is a continuation of Robin’s popular Eclipse Origins. One thing to note is that this engine has _nothing to do with the event system -_it is a completely separate engine.
EclipseVB has the same features and functionality you would expect from EO with a few necessary additions, bug fixes and optimisations:
- Dynamic conversation system: This system allows users to create full conversations with multiple response options similar to systems you would see in top-end RPG games. On top of that the system includes an event system - you can apply an event to each conversation such as “warp player”, “give item”, “open bank”, etc. Usage: /editconv.
- Quest system: One thing that Origins lacked was a good supported quest system. I do feel that to make a successful RPG you will require some sort of quest system so we’ve implemented that to help add some variety to projects. Usage: /editquest.
- Bug fixes: Thanks to the community we’ve been able to add in all the bug fixes you’ve found over the past few years and integrated them into a full stable release.
- Optimisations: EO is in no way a badly optimised engine - in fact it is very well optimised. We have though taken into consideration a few suggestions about where performance could be improved and we’ve fixed quite a few major performance issues.
- Support & Updates: For a while now there has not been an engine with full support, updates, etc. EclipseVB will change this and although we don’t promise updates every week we promise to update the engine as regularly as we can.
Check out EVB
You can find all the information about EVB in this topic.