Should I get Windows 8?

Should I get Windows 8? I have used it before and I did like it some what. But then it crashed. I am not sure if I should get it again (due to fear of losing all my data) Does any of the Windows 8 users think it is worth it?

Also I am favourably inclined towards getting windows 8. But I just not sure whether I should do it.

Ok here’s what you do. Buy some DVDs and back up all your shit onto them.

Done? no? GO DO IT!

Ok now upgrade to Win8!

YOU’RE DONE!

What? You don’t like it?

Reformat your PC, install win7 and restore backups.

Happy now?

No?

Drop dead.

Ok here’s what you do. Buy some DVDs and back up all your shit onto them.

Done? no? GO DO IT!

Ok now upgrade to Win8!

YOU’RE DONE!

What? You don’t like it?

Reformat your PC, install win7 and restore backups.

Happy now?

No?

Drop dead.

Unfortunately my CD reader sucks. USB’s cost a lot here. So I can’t back up. And other than the fact that my download speed is really slow I don’t have much of a fear of losing all my files. (They are on a different drive) But I will have to download everything again.

Floppy disks

inb4"tabletOS".

Floppy disks

Floppies are too cheap. And I don’t have a floppy drive. (My old pc has one but I don’t feel like taking it out.)

Move to another country.not I think you should save and get a 1tb hd.

don’t bother then

Yes. Upgrade.

You have the option of keeping files when you do.

use an external hdd for your files/back-ups

cheap enough.

i don’t like w8 but that might be because i never used it.

i just don’t like all the switching between programs and between the tiled thing and desktop

i just don’t like all the switching between programs and between the tiled thing and desktop

That’s what everyone says, but in reality, you don’t use it as much as you think you would. I barely use it.

Only reason I use it is to search for a file.

No.

When trying to use the scroll bar on the right, a bloody overlayer creeps up over the screen when you hit the right side of the screen. Pain in the ass.

No.

When trying to use the scroll bar on the right, a bloody overlayer creeps up over the screen when you hit the right side of the screen. Pain in the ass.

The start charm only pops up if you scroll directly on the bottom-right and top-right corners, and then proceed to scroll up.

You know you can also scroll by actually scrolling the mouse directly right?

Your next computer will probably have it already so why bother with it now? It doesn’t do anything that much better anyway, why bother with the hassle?

Well I’ll get a copy just in case. But still there isn’t much of a difference between windows 7 and 8 other than the metro apps and the start menu. Startdock apps can help you with that.

win8 sucks, wait for 9, 8 is the new windows ME :P

I went with it and installed it.

Good choice.

And to those who think Windows 9 will be better… #facepalm

Even though I have used Windows 8, it feels to be a bit hard to find my browser and open it up. (Partly because I don’t like .exe’s in my desktop and other than metro apps nothing on my start menu)

You could easily hit the “Windows Key” and just start typing in your browser name. Or add it as a pin to the task bar.