Requests for EO 3.0:
Note, this is a requests thread, you don’t have to do any of these.
There are simply ideas for tutorials that you can do if you want.
- Ammo system for magic, like RuneScape’s Rune system. Let’s say your spell requires 2 Water Runes and 1 Earth Rune, it will take those two kind of runes from your inventory upon casting. And if you don’t have it, you can’t cast the spell. This feature should be optional as a checkBox.
- Unique ‘camping’ house system, you would have an ‘Enter House’ teleport button. Upon pressing it, you would be teleported to your instanced house map, leaving a 32x32 masked house tile behind from the spot you teleported to your house from, letting players enter your house by pressing CTRL. If in a safe zone, locking your house from visitors should be optional, but not in a PVP zone. Entering your house in a PVP zone makes your house a PVP zone.
- Anti-speedhack for projectile system. A check that makes sure you can’t fire at a higher speed than your weapon’s attack speed.
- Guild minigame: Control the fort. There’s a fort, where in the middle there’s a flag that can be pressed CTRL on to claim it as territory for your guild. Each second of having the fort controlled would give your guild +1 point to a database where your guild’s points is stored. This could be expanded with a Forts highscores for all the guilds.
- Weapon special attacks. Pressing a button makes you call a custom script depending on what you set the weapon to call in the items editor. You can also set the amount of mana it will take per use. This would also incur your weapon’s attack cooldown(your set attackspeed), so you can’t use a special attack and do an attack right after that.
- Player high-scores.
- Spells that call custom scripts, to allow more complex spells than the few options we have in EO3.0.
- Random piece of equipment drops upon death. Item can be from either your inventory or equipped items.
- Anti movement-speedhack: There would be a timer that checks if you’ve moved more than 5 tiles in one second, and if you have, it kicks you instantly. Doing this instead of processing movement server-side would make movement still feel good, rather than unresponsive and clunky for those with higher ping.