Image Quality

For my login GUI, I would like to have the image in .png.  Is there anyway of doing it?

It would be a source modification, but it’s not really worth it.

Why not just have it gif or jpeg?  If it’s for the GUI, the jpeg quality is seamless:

| png: | jpeg: |
| | |

@Admiral:

It would be a source modification, but it’s not really worth it.

Why not just have it gif or jpeg?  If it’s for the GUI, the jpeg quality is seamless:

| png: | jpeg: |
| | |

Well, I know that.  I mean, when I have both of my picture compared (.png and .jpg) .jpg is blurry and .png is clear.

Could you possible tell me the source modification?

@Timmah:

Well, I know that.  I mean, when I have both of my picture compared (.png and .jpg) .jpg is blurry and .png is clear.

Could you possible tell me the source modification?

The source modification is here: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,33318.0.html
But those links needed are dead :icon_crap:

Though, unless you’re using Microsoft Paintbrush to convert the png to a .jpg, it should look exactly the same :huh:

EDIT: If you want, you can give me the png GUI file, and I’ll convert to jpg for you.

Yeah man, Admiral is right. And don’t use ms paint. Download paint.net or the gimp, either work well and both are free.

@Admiral:

The source modification is here: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,33318.0.html
But those links needed are dead :icon_crap:

Though, unless you’re using Microsoft Paintbrush to convert the png to a .jpg, it should look exactly the same :huh:

EDIT: If you want, you can give me the png GUI file, and I’ll convert to jpg for you.

Oh, that would be wonderful.  But unfortunately, I left the files on my computer.  Is it alright if I PM you with the file?

EDIT: Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

You can pm me, since I’m online.
That way you get it done quicker.

@[SB:

Shri (shrig94) link=topic=46625.msg474512#msg474512 date=1245355549]
You can pm me, since I’m online.
That way you get it done quicker.

Ok, one moment.

KK. I’ll be here for a while.

@[SB:

Shri (shrig94) link=topic=46625.msg474524#msg474524 date=1245355952]
KK. I’ll be here for a while.

:(, I need to get the files from my computer, but I will get them to you ASAP.

Ok, just check to see whether admiral or me is on.
And pm it to whoever is on.
If neither of is on, just pm it to admiral as I won’t be on much since I’m going on vacation tomorrow.

@[SB:

Shri (shrig94) link=topic=46625.msg474564#msg474564 date=1245358891]
Ok, just check to see whether admiral or me is on.
And pm it to whoever is on.
If neither of is on, just pm it to admiral as I won’t be on much since I’m going on vacation tomorrow.

Well, I’m hidden, so even if I’m online, you can’t really tell.

Though, if I’m posting and replying to topics, there’s a good chance I’m on (either way, unless I’m at the college, I check my PMs regally).