Looking for a C++ engine

I’ve been working with Eclipse for some time now, and want to move over to a new language which I’ll need later on.

So, I went over to C++ and I’ve been looking for an engine for a couple of hours now and haven’t seem to find one suitable for a 3d MMORPG.

If you’re here to say: 3d is hard man, stick with 2d, then don’t post since those people give me the feeling to shoot their head off.

Sincerely, Anasky.

ever tried the unreal engine?
i think there is a free version

For the record: He’s asking for a 3D engine, not a 2D engine; this is not in competition with Eclipse (atleast not yet).
In other words, I don’t think it’s breaking the rules, helping him out.

With that being said, I can’t really think of any free ones; Solar Eclipse (EE3.0) though is written in Java, and has full 3d support 😉

@[SB:

Ninja-Tech link=topic=45970.msg466704#msg466704 date=1244403036]

I searched on it before, and haven’t found it. Not sure how long it is there though 😛

@Admiral:

For the record: He’s asking for a 3D engine, not a 2D engine; this is not in competition with Eclipse (atleast not yet).
In other words, I don’t think it’s breaking the rules, helping him out.

With that being said, I can’t really think of any free ones; Solar Eclipse (EE3.0) though is written in Java, and has full 3d support 😉

Uhhm, isnt EE3.0 written in 3d, but displayed 2d???

@[SB:

Ninja-Tech link=topic=45970.msg466704#msg466704 date=1244403036]

I think the unreal engine is only distributed to professional companies, not sure though, that’s just what I’ve heard.

@Anasky:

Uhhm, isnt EE3.0 written in 3d, but displayed 2d???

I thought I remember HM saying (somewhere) that it’s full 3D, where you can create polygons, and it uses a camera (if you want 2d still, you’ll have the camera set to an “overhead” view, and give the graphics 0 depth); I guess you’ll have to ask him for confirmation.  Actually, I’ll ask him in his “3D” topic ;).

Ok lol xD
Still looking, and hoping one of you finds one 😛

Well, the only 3d mmo engine I can think of that’s reasonably priced (can’t think of any free ones) is Realm Crafter

Passed by on that one, but currently, I can’t spend any money due to not having a job at the age of 16…
Looking for a holiday job though 😛

EDIT:
/*
Found a decent 3D engine, need to stop though so I’m gonna try it tomorrow after school.
Panda3D 😛
*/

Also, I have HM’s reply:
@Zetta:

its 3D thats default is 2D. To switch to 3D, you need to change the camera view but thats it.

Panda 3d is not ment for c++. I dont recomend it.

I recomend G3D. http://g3d-cpp.sourceforge.net/

You could try Multiverse.

@Sk3wer:

You could try Multiverse.

indeed. it is free, and 3D . its hard, but im sure you can work it out.

@Munro:

Panda 3d is not ment for c++. I dont recomend it.

I recomend G3D. http://g3d-cpp.sourceforge.net/

Looks decent, have to go to school now though. 😞

Well, cya in like 7-8 hours.

realityfactory.info

its an easier to use version of g3D, i’ve got years of XP with it so I think its good for what you need 😉

@The:

realityfactory.info

its an easier to use version of g3D, i’ve got years of XP with it so I think its good for what you need 😉

It’s still for ORPG’s right?

@Anasky:

It’s still for ORPG’s right?

Just wait for 3.0, all you have to do is uncomment a few lines of code.

I haven’t really followed EE 3.0, but as far as I know, it’s in Java, and wouldn’t be released for a while.

@Anasky:

I haven’t really followed EE 3.0, but as far as I know, it’s in Java, and wouldn’t be released for a while.

Oh, yeah, sorry, forgot about the C++ part.

@Bob:

Oh, yeah, sorry, forgot about the C++ part.

No problem 😛
Whether I learn C++ or Java, I don’t really care, it’s just that C++ can be used later better.