Roadmap

This is a roadmap of the features/bug fixes to come, if you think I have missed anything post it here.

• Quest system and NPC spells fully functional.
  • Equipment items will not display/give stats/etc., when they break instead of unequipping.
  • Event System conditional branch to check if Inventory is full.
  • Map cache improved using JC’s map cache.
  • Map editor supports bigger tilesets with scrolling.
  • Spawn bug fixes with NPC attribute.
  • New icon for game .EXE and windows.
  • Bug fixes.

• Guild system.
  • Day/night system.
  • NPC zones.
  • Misc. stuff I may have missed.
  • Bug fixes.

• New GUI.
  • GUI editor.
  • Multiple character slots.
  • Customize face and sprite in character creation.
  • Bug fixes.
  • Fullscreen.

• Sadscript.
  • Pets.
  • Converter.
  • Animated items.

projectiles are not in the to do list ???

😞

damned

good luck for all and long life to eclipse world

Projectiles are a Gold Edition
feature.

😞

damned

good luck for all and long life to eclipse world

just follow the projectile tutorial and add it yourself?

just follow the projectile tutorial and add it yourself?

Yes, but my projectile system is Whack’s improved. I am going to keep adding more features to it over time. I do not plan to have any other separate features except a very refined spell/projectile system enhancement.

The base code itself is from Nin Online and the money I make goes to the game.

Yes, but my projectile system is Whack’s improved. I am going to keep adding more features to it over time. I do not plan to have any other separate features except a very refined spell/projectile system enhancement.

The base code itself is from Nin Online and the money I make goes to the game.

well maybe people don’t have money to pay for gold and wanted just projectiles i was just telling him he could add it he doesnt have to no.

well maybe people don’t have money to pay for gold and wanted just projectiles i was just telling him he could add it he doesnt have to no.

I know. 😛 We will offer ways to get Gold Edition
by recruiting people to Eclipse.

Is that possible to add the house system?

Is that possible to add the house system?

It’s not that important for a game, you can make a House System yourself using the Event System. I can’t do everything, you need to be able to cope with what I give you, this type of system is not something everyone wants and requires a lot of changes to make it fit everyone’s needs.

Fullscreen, mount system?

fullscreen could prob be done mount is not something everyone may want so most likely no on that one

Updated Roadmap. Pets were moved to 1.3.1 and added Fullscreen to 1.3.0.

With the player creation system will there be a hair option and if so will paperdolled head items appear instead of hair or over the hair?

With the player creation system will there be a hair option and if so will paperdolled head items appear instead of hair or over the hair?

In my opinion, sprite and face (avatar) will be enough and Seth says earlier about this.

But … auctions, instanced maps, random dungeons will be good options.

Yes, just like EO4’s system.

Yes, just like EO4’s system.

Hmm. Might I suggest adding two radial box’s which read ‘helm’ and ‘hat’. If the ‘helm’ option is clicked then the players hair will disappear and be replaced with the item. If the ‘hat’ box is checked then it would simply appear over the players hair. I’m sure this is probably very easily programmed but I also thought this would be very helpful and maybe an essential part of a decent paperdoll system.

Or just give the player creation system a system of layers with the ability to add and delete layers, assign textures to layers and re-order the layers which would affect in which order they would be rendered, thereby providing the users a simple but dynamic player creation system which allows them to choose how many layers of customisation they want. So if a user wants a layer for socks then they can have one.

Spawn bug NPC attribute bug will be addressed in 1.2.7.  NPC zones system will be added in 1.2.8, this will enable you to spawn NPCs much easier in specific regions of the map.

And no smart paperdoll…

After long debate, I have decided not to do plugins. I will instead put in a Sadscript system with formulas in the game editors, to make it as flexible as people need. Adding plugins to the engine will be more work than it is worth, especially in Visual Basic 6.