Simple coding help

I’m slowly learning VB6 and i’d like if it someone could guide me in the right direction, how would I make a picture box visible when someone enters a certain map or joins the game for the first time? :)

Thank you.

I’m glad to hear that you’re making the effort to learn VB6! Assuming you know how to make a picturebox visible, the easiest way to do it would be once the frmMain loads, the picturebox shows.

Yeah I know how to do that it’s just getting it to only become visible in a certain map or when someone first joins the game. :)

Yeah I know how to do that it’s just getting it to only become visible in a certain map or when someone first joins the game. :)

Ah! Missed the “for the first time” bit.

To make it visible when you’re in a certain map, put in the sub which detects keypresses and check to see if the player is on a specific map.

If Player(myindex).map = MapNumberHere then

Picturebox.visible = true

end if

That makes a lot of sense! Thank you :)

Right, i have a question of a related manner.

If I have a gui open and have buttons that open frames inside this how do i bring these frames to the front so i can visually edit them?

I am also new to Vb6

As far as I’ve learned, you need to cut and paste them in the Form Editor. There might be another way, but this is the only way I know.

What are you trying to ‘visually’ edit? buttons, the GUI layout?

Right, i have a question of a related manner.

If I have a gui open and have buttons that open frames inside this how do i bring these frames to the front so i can visually edit them?

I am also new to Vb6

Start reading up on everything with the syntax……http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa267180%28v=vs.60%29.aspx

Do I just place this in a new Private sub and that will brin the specified frame to the front?

Spectre, Im trying to edit te gui layout in general, not changing the buttons fuctions or anything.

If its still the question with show an pic one time at the first login make an player variable

Player(index).FirstLogin = 0

If Player(Index).Firstlog = 0 then

picWelcome.visible = true

End If

That will make the pic visible if youre logging in -> If you click OK or something on it

picWelcome.visible = false

Player(index).FirstLogin = 1

ZOrder only changes the order of the frames in game: not in vb6…

So just to put it straight,

Im trying to edit the guild admin interface for the options part but when I load the frmGuildAdmin it just shows the users part, so how do I edit the options part?

ZOrder only changes the order of the frames in game: not in vb6…

So just to put it straight,

Im trying to edit the guild admin interface for the options part but when I load the frmGuildAdmin it just shows the users part, so how do I edit the options part?

*facepalm, u should read more often for the sake of not throwing ppl off.