At first, sorry about my english.
I wanted to write a day/night system based on tilesets and charsets but even after weeks I couldn’t write nothing.
The system I wanted is something like this:
- The time will be based on the server time (and the night period will be setted on the source)
- Every tileset and charset (and paperdolls) will have a “nightly” .bmp. (example: 1.bmp and 1n.bmp)
- Every X pm, the tilesets and charsets will change to the n.bmp
- In the map properties will have a checkbox like “not change day/night” to be used in caves and dungeons, so the tilesets and the charsets will not change.
- The NPCs will have a radio button to select when they gonna spawn (day only/night only/day and night), useful for some kind of monsters.
- When its night, the “day NPCs” will disappear and vice versa.
What do you guys think? It’s possible? If someone could help help me, I’ll be very thankful.
Edit: I’m using an custom version of EO 2.3 (DX7).