Because single is too little
Links, or things 90% of people won’t click
Intro, or how to completely bore everyone within the first paragraph of a post
So uh, hi everyone. Double Death is my first real project as an Indie Dev, and up to this point has been a crazy
experience for me. I’m creating the game mainly in GM:S, although I’ve had to do some additional coding for
GM Extensions to extend the capability of the engine. Double Death is a zombie (yes, another zombie game) beat’em/shoot’em up
which I created with the original idea in mind of being a 2D Killing Floor. Since then I’ve added a lot more from many inspirational sources,
including L4D, TF2, and older games like Metal Slug. Not only have a learned a ton from Double Death, but it’s also been the source
of my motivation for the last three years (even after a complete hardware failure) and an experience which has lead me to incorporate
as a business and get in touch with a publisher to bring the game to Steam in the future.
Features, or what actually makes the game worth playing
- Wave-based Survival Modes, both with a classic survive 10 wave mode and an endless mode
- Infection Mode, similar to Versus in L4D
- Player Customization with hats,etc similar to TF2
- Weapon Customization. There are around 8 weapons and 30 or so mods to customize these weapons
- Co-op Multiplayer + Singleplayer
- Dedicated Server Support
- Modding. Allows for players to make custom game modes, maps, weapons, zombies, mods, etc.
- 8 Maps on release
- Arcade (Story) Mode which acts as an Objective based mode taking place on custom maps
- Backpacks, which are instanced per match and increase player carrying size and such. Can be traded.
Screenshots_,_ or the only thing people really care about when opening a thread
Warning: There’s ALOT here
! So yeah. The game’s still in development and should be released on Steam, among other platforms, in a few months or so. There’s a lot
! more screenshots on the IndieDB and Devlog pages, so if you’re interested be sure to check those out.
! Thanks everyone,