We are looking for skilled individuals that are willing to dedicate themselves in getting better and working on astounding projects at an indie level. While we want people who are talented and experienced, something that is so much more important is dedication and passion, so don’t hesitate if you have these characteristics. We believe in making games for fun and getting better over making a paycheck since you know only good people make it in the industry or corporations with lots of money to throw.
This game is commercial and aimed at making money. We eventually plan to go through Steam Greenlight and possibly Kickstarter to fund a more sophisticated engine.
Nin Online is a 2-D MMORPG, set in a universe inspired by Naruto. We’re kind of taking concepts such as naming our villages after an element, but are avoiding using names such as Konoha. We’re also having a clan called the Akatuski, which is a player-ran Organization and will be our only name we use from the Naruto universe.
What exactly makes this game awesome and not just some fan game that will just get shutdown? Well, we’re completely aware of copyright breaches, and are making changes continually to stay in good relationship with the law. We’re also going to have an Organization of staff members who host events. These events range from very basic ones such as a change in the game world to a battle against a staff member. We also have a huge focus on role-playing, there will actually be events focused around them such as becoming a leader of a village! The staff member’s Organization will be more powerful than any clan in the game, they reside in a Spirit Realm type of area which is where Chakra - the game’s Mana system comes from. This Spirit Realm is essentially the realm of God, the power of the world comes from this place, and it is where all that die go. This aspect of God does not imply that God is an entity, but a force of nature that resides over all of the world. This Organization will mostly be inspired by death, grim reaper, and other similar themes, and they will be able to control and summon powerful beasts similar to that of the Nine Tailed Fox Beast from Naruto. Shinigami is the current name we plan to call our Organization, think of staff members as the villains of the game that players get an opportunity to kill. If they get killed, a new character will be played by the staff member. We can’t go fire people when they die!
The two main factions are good and evil (light and dark). Good clans are typically the ones that belong to Leaf and Sand for example, whereas evil would be ones like the Akatuski. There will be choices in the game which allow you to pick your side: good or evil, and your clan when you make your character. You may be able to change your clan later, but that is not yet decided, it likely will be possible though.
We are not merging Bleach with Naruto here, you will not be able to become a Soul Reaper, but there are many examples of Shinigami in Naruto. We will have different levels of Shinigami, and staff members will be the highest level of these Shinigami which cannot be summoned by Ninjas.
These are some video examples of what the game has to offer so far!
The game is still in alpha, we’re aware that a lot of polish needs to go through still to make it a truly awesome game.
- You can expand your portfolio as a game developer to get your foot into the door.
- Not professional game developers, but we listen and learn from our failed experiences which drive us forward so that we can get better and learn.
- Work on our project daily, here to chat if you are struggling on something you are assigned, and always showing ourselves better ways to do things.
- Friendly to work with, don’t force you to contribute any amount of hours, and like to have fun.
- You get to play the game before anyone else!
If your position is not listed you may still apply. We’re always looking for more talented people to work with, but our standards for you will be higher than a position we desperately need.
- One programmer that excels in HTML, CSS, and PHP. You will be responsible for the website programming and must be able to do WordPress and Invision Power Board including combining the two together/turning a PSD into a theme.
- Two to three game developers to make game content, you need to be familiar with Eclipse Origins editors.
- One video editor that can make YouTube videos that demonstrate previews, trailers, and livestreams. You must be able to use Twitch and dissect highlights as well as get footage from players to make appealing content.
- One sound composer to make custom sound effects for the game, you will be given sample sounds and expected to remake them to fit a Japanese culture. We give our composers creative freedom to make it how they feel is the best.
Please send me some examples of your work on Skype via Helladen or Google Talk via firstname.lastname@example.org, or just send me a personal message here with examples of your work, but try to do the first rather than latter. Please do not spam me, or I will block you.