Help with chopping animation

Im having trouble deciding the proper number of steps to animate chopping with an axe.  sorry if these look ridiculous i didnt do much to them to clean them up and i already know the shoulder armor isnt following the arm still trying to figure out how to fix that without manually editing each frame

First image uses two frames 500ms apart

This one uses three frames 250ms apart so you see hes pulling the axe back before chopping

I dig it. Reminds me of old school Runescape woodcutting. All you need to do is angle the shoulder with the arm. I voted the first one.

I like number 1 also nice work

I dig it. Reminds me of old school Runescape woodcutting. All you need to do is angle the shoulder with the arm. I voted the first one.

do you mean changing the arm position or the shoulder armor?

I personally like number 1 better. Number 2 just looks almost as if he is pulling the axe up and the gif ends rather than it looking as if he pulls it up and then hits the tree.

1 is more realistic when it hits the tree it like stops and pulls back up again number 2 hits rapidly fast. and doesn’t look realistic in my opinion

I like the first one also.

I like the first one also.

Listen to this guy, he’s a master woodchopper.

I like the first one but try reducing the delay between frames by maybe ~100ms.

Listen to this guy, he’s a master woodchopper.

I like the first one but try reducing the delay between frames by maybe ~100ms.

a little bit less delay would make it look more smooth

heres 300 and 400ms instead of the above 500ms

both look good personally id choose the second one here.

The second one seems more natural. Someone would need to be pretty strong to continually swing at the same rate as the first one.

exactly what i was thinking

Thanks for all the feedback guys

Thanks for all the feedback guys

Glad I could help. 🙂