Minecraft's First Alpha Thread from 2009! Good Read.

Some of you might be interested in this. Minecraft started on a forum much like these. You can read the original thread here >>>>

The Original Minecraft Thread:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=6273.0

It is funny to read about the forum members debating things like if you should have to chop trees, also the oringial screenshots really show you how much things have changed over time.

it is very crazy how stuff changes over time.

I remember seeing this a while back. It’s pretty amazing how a simple game can evolve in to such a big one.

Only thing is colonellos wont involve into that becauses HE NEVER COMES ON lol, back on topic i remember minecraft when it first came out 😛 was fun to play but its a lot better now.

When I first played minecraft back in the day i had no clue it was going to go how it did.

When I first played minecraft back in the day i had no clue it was going to go how it did.

agreed. I honestly thought it would have stopped getting updates but it hasnt.

It’s pretty cool how a small indie game can become this popular. I joined back when it was in Beta so it already had some popularity but it is certainly much more popular now.

It’s pretty cool how a small indie game can become this popular. I joined back when it was in Beta so it already had some popularity but it is certainly much more popular now.it

its crazy how fast stuff can become popular and how fast stuff can fail.

its crazy how fast stuff can become popular and how fast stuff can fail.

That is true. Other promising games easily fail due to many variables on both the creator and communities part.

i used to play a game had millions of players devs stopped updating and it died sadly. Thing about minecraft is it got a lot better as it went up in many different aspects and if they keep updating it will go and last for a long time still

I played the game during version 0.30, before the versions was called “Alpha”, when they were called InDev(And after that, InfDev, because he added infinite maps), not a huge fan of the newer versions, or many of the plugins, I really liked it when it was plainer and simpler.

truly was fascinating.

Good find. That is awesome. Seeing notch on an online forum as one of the little guys talking with other little guys. Its friggin awesome.