[EW] No Colour Textbox

Hey y’all,

I would like to request some help for this wierd bug. I am currently using the Eclipse Worlds Engine and I recently implemented http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/136047-eclipse-worlds-chat-drawn-to-screen/ which makes the the screen into the chatbox. Currently is it showing only White Text. It is not showing any other colours, just white.

I would like to request some aide for this problem. Anyone got any ideas?

Regards,

Basketball

as Sherwin said:

replace “Colour” to “Color”

in

'Evilbunnie’s DrawChat system
Public Sub ReOrderChat(ByVal nText As String, nColor As Long)
Dim i As Integer

For i = 19 To 1 Step -1
        Chat(i + 1).text = Chat(i).text
        Chat(i + 1).Color = Chat(i).Color
    Next

Chat(1).text = nText
    Chat(1).colour
= nColor
End Sub

I’m only guessing this could be your error

Im not sure what made the color go away. First try to replace all of the " color " in the code with " colour " and try messing with this line:

RenderText Font_Default, Chat(i).text, frmMain.picForm.Left + 5, (frmMain.picForm.Top + 555) - (i * 20), White

,…,<>" data-cid=“931364” data-time=“1418424411”>

as Sherwin said:

in

I’m only guessing this could be your error

I’ve Had that fixed Thanks for the suggestion.

Im not sure what made the color go away. First try to replace all of the " color " in the code with " colour " and try messing with this line:

RenderText Font_Default, Chat(i).text, frmMain.picForm.Left + 5, (frmMain.picForm.Top + 555) - (i * 20), White

I’ve tried playing around with it but I cant get it to be multicolored like it did in the original.

Can anybody solve this weird problem?

Are you using RGB colors? I believe my draw text function only supports Windows API colors aka VB constant colors.

And hehe, sorry about changing all instances of colour to color, I am nuts about stuff like that. I am American English, so I wanted the engine to be American not English.

I didn’t even know American was a language O.o

I didn’t even know American was a language O.o

American English is like 99% the same as English standard. There’s some slight differences such as adding ou instead of just o for color. Canada and England use the English standard.

Oh ok got it lol