We are looking for skilled individuals that are willing to dedicate themselves in getting better and working on astounding projects at an indie level. While we want people who are talented and experienced, something that is so much more important is dedication and passion, so don’t hesitate if you have these characteristics. We believe in making games for fun and getting better over making a paycheck since you know only good people make it in the industry or corporations with lots of money to throw.
This game is commercial and aimed at making money. We eventually plan to go through Steam Greenlight and possibly Kickstarter to fund a more sophisticated engine.
Nin Online is a 2-D MMORPG, set in a universe inspired by Naruto.
The game takes place in an original timeline, where the players define the story of the world. You play as your own alter ego, choosing your own path as a ninja. You start as an Academy Student in the village of your choice and train to become a powerful Ninja. You can participate in events such as Kage Elections, Diplomatic meetings, Wars, Chunnin Exams and more.
Community is the focus of the game. We will build systems which integrate the community, while still creating a fun and diverse PvP environment where you will be facing all kinds of enemy ninjas, from conflicts between organisations, conflicts between different villages, to conflicts between random enemy ninjas while travelling the world. Every player will have a background story, and it will go down in the history of Nin Online.
To emphasise the importance of community, we have spent countless hours building a large world filled with leisure areas to chill with your friends, and places to explore with your team, and we will continue to build it as we progress further into development.
These are some video examples of what the game has to offer so far!
The game is still in alpha, we’re aware that a lot of polish needs to go through still to make it a truly awesome game.
If your position is not listed you may still apply. We’re always looking for more talented people to work with, but our standards for you will be higher than a position we desperately need.
- One programmer that excels in HTML, CSS, and PHP. You will be responsible for the website programming and must be able to do WordPress and Invision Power Board including combining the two together/turning a PSD into a theme.
- One programmer that can work in Unity game engine.
- One Shout-caster/video editor that can make **YouTube **videos that demonstrate previews, trailers, and livestreams. You must be able to use **Twitch **and dissect highlights as well as get footage from players to make appealing content. Preferably able to voice videos or cover live stream events such as the Chunnin Exam.
- One 2D Pixel Artist able to learn our game’s art style and create in-game content such as Tilesets, Items, Jutsus and Mobs. You will work closely with **Rory **to create a vibrant & immersive world for the players.
- You can expand your portfolio as a game developer to get your foot into the door.
- Not professional game developers, but we listen and learn from our failed experiences which drive us forward so that we can get better and learn.
- Work on our project daily, here to chat if you are struggling on something you are assigned, and always showing ourselves better ways to do things.
- Friendly to work with, don’t force you to contribute any amount of hours, and like to have fun.
- You get to play the game before anyone else!
Please send me some examples of your work on **Skype **via Helladen or **Google Talk **via email@example.com, or just send me a personal message here with examples of your work, but try to do the first rather than latter. Please do not spam me, or I will block you.