FIX THE BOARD PERMISSIONS

Now that I have your attention from all caps,

This has been an issue for a while now. Several members have requested this, and I’ve yet to see one actually get a response to this now.

Members cannot post in boards such as Programming, Moderators themselves can’t seem to post without requiring approval (if that is ther for a reason, it is redundant; they can just approve themselves), and more.

Somebody needs to go through each board and just make sure permissions are as they should be. Not later, do it now before it gets sidetracked again!

Yea, this really needs to be done. It will only take a few minutes. Having a board that people cant use is a bit silly.

For me its not a matter of needing my post approved, I cant post at all.

Yeah, I can’t post either, it’s really annoying when I have things to post, too.

I changed the programming section’s permissions.

All users EXCEPT for Guest, Awaiting Activation, and Banned should be able to make a topic in programming, and tutorials.
Moderators should be able to moderate the programming and tutorials boards too.

I will check some other boards, but if there is something specific that needs to be changed let me know.

Why are newbs banned from the programming and tut boards? I see some newb accounts that are a lot more useful than some of the vets around these parts.

Eclipse Engine > Community > Eclipse Engine > Other Eclipse > Engines Tutorials
Can we have permission if here and the rest of the boards?

Woo thanks gwen. But yea, I would leave it open to everyone.

ok… I dont normally mess with board permissions so i didn’t want to go crazy.
I have to run, so I’ll take care of the other changes when i get back if no one else does.

Ok I fixed the permissions for Eclipse Engine>Other Eclipse Engines and Eclipse Engine> Tutorials
Mods can now make topics in Questions and Answers too.

Newbs are also allowed to post in programming and Other Eclipse Engines.

If there are any other boards that need fixed let me know.

Woo, thanks gwen.

Gwen’s great!

awww thank you! 😊

Everyone already knew that Gwen was great. It should be stated on the FAQ.

Is Gwen great?
   Yes.

I have a lot of problems with permissions, where I need approval to post, and I can not approve them myself, as well as some other moderation permissions are missing(shoutbox, moving threads, etc).

@‘xelander’:

I have a lot of problems with permissions, where I need approval to post, and I can not approve them myself, as well as some other moderation permissions are missing(shoutbox, moving threads, etc).

Yet you’re a mod…

Q&A board : Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.

xlender which board are you having trouble with?

benjo i’m not sure how to set that up or change it.