This engine is and will always be a learning experience for me, myself, and I! It is only public for feedback, improvement, and if you want to use it! But I will be supporting this engine as much as I can!
For a few weeks now I’ve been working on a C# 2D ORPG engine. I have finally made significant progress on the engine and I want to release a nice stable optimized build late December.
Estimated Release Date: Late December, 2015
*** The GitHub repository will be up in the coming weeks!**
- Cross-Platform via Mono -> Easy to Port!
- Player Movement
- Map Loading/Saving
- Map Editor
*** All the code is commented!**
- NPC’s & NPC Editor
- Spells & Spell Editor
What Needs to be Done Before Release?
- Centering Players Names!
- Movement Optimization
- General Server Optimization
- Textbox Scrolling + Holding of Keys (GUI Reworking/Optimization)
- Lidgren Networking
- MonoGame Framework
- Galactic UI Framework
What is it?
GalacticUI framework is a GUI framework specifically built for the GalacticSharp Engine. It’s main focus is ease of use. Not only does the framework come packed with tons of GUI elements it’s also completely open source and extendable to your liking.
What Does it Come With?
*All controls are based off the GUIElement class
- GUIElement Class (refer below). This class allows you to create extendable GUI controls, it is a base class for creating GUI controls, it provides rendering, input, and audio.
- Ratio Button
- Combo Boxes [WIP]
- Plus, more controls are always being added.
Screenshots! - Updated as of 11/15/2015