Hey everyone, currently I am very dissatisfied with the quest system and event editor. Currently making a quest in Eclipse that uses events can be pretty difficult so I’d like a few features added to my game to make it better.
Before reading this I would suggest looking at both the event system and quest system in SkyWyre or else you will not understand what I’m asking.
Quest System Side:
1. In the tasks menu, add “Other” (Explained further in #2 of the event system side)
Event System Side:
1. After accepting a quest from an event the event will display different text. (Example: You haven’t started the quest yet and the event asks “Will you start the quest” if you accept, the next time you talk to him he will say “Kill the dragon”. If you don’t accept the quest the next time you talk to him he will ask you again if you’d like to start the quest.)
2. Add an event command that changes a task to complete. (Example: You are doing another quest that requires you to answer questions from an old wizard. If you get all of them correctly a command is run that marks the task as completed)
3. Make it so while you are doing a certain task in a quest certain dialogue will display. (Example: You have yet to kill the dragon so every time you talk to the event it says “kill the dragon”, you complete task 2 by killing the dragon, when you talk to the event it will display “Woo” which completes task 3, you then do task 4 by killing a bee, when you talk to the event again it’ll say “You did it!” which completes task 5 and ends the quest.)
- Make it so once a certain quest is complete the event will display different dialogue(Example: If the quest is marked as complete the event will say something like “Woo :D”)