Hello, I’ve asked in the Shoutbox but couldn’t really decide for on a engine tough some guys did give me good advice.
The issue I have is, that I’m hopeless when it comes to coding etc. so “just changing something in the sourcecode” isn’t exactly gonna work for me.
For example, I’ve been told that the map limit in skywyre’s is 50 (which would be VERY far from what I need), but this could be changed by editing the source code (would this even be allowed?).
While I do plan to make my project to a commercial standard (meaning I’m free to do with what I made… not so much that it’s good), I don’t have any illusions about actually making some money with it… thus I can’t afford to pay for a premium engine, a team or even hire others to do some work.
So… what I’m looking for would roughly be:
1. Simple… because hands down, I’m not gonna make my game overly complicated with stuff that annoys me while playing other Games (i.E. Daily Tasks). Ideally, it would work somewhat like RPG Maker Vx Ace, which I found quite easy to get used to.
2. Stable, which should be self explaining.
3. Supported, because as mentioned, I would hate to rely on myself to fix bugs, since I have no clue about that.
4. Have a map limit of 9999+ (ideally allowing to name the maps and put them in a drop-down menu)
5. Allow selfmade sprites and tilesets, which I think is not an issue with any of the engines I saw here.
6. Obviously, not some ripped off junk, that would get me into trouble later on.
7. Skills/Projectiles should be decent… as it is in Tibia would be enough for me, just using the same projectile for everything or having non-customizable skills would annoy me.
8. The Battlesystem should also be as it is in Tibia (I guess it’s called action battle system).
9. I’d need an option to restrict PvP to certain Zones.
10. It would be nice if I could put player classes into different factions (like WoW Alliance vs. Horde for example), but that’s not important.
Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help a overly ambitioned noob…^^
Edit: The Resolutions would also be good to know… at least on RPG Maker Vx Ace this was quite a downer…