Have you had any progress in this issue? I have the same problem.
I am going to look into the source tonight and will reply if I find a solution
Are you saying the server isn’t reading the variable.ini file correctly?
I am unsure, my brainstorming suggests 1 of the following I need to look into (which will be my project until a solution is found)
- Server is not reading/writing the file correctly
- Client is not accepting the variable names correctly to display them, but the server does read properly
- Client is accepting variable names, just not saving and/or accessing them properly
I do know the following:
- Manually adding a variable name by editing Variable.ini will not show in client editor
- Sending a new variable name to the server does not make any change whatsoever to Variable.ini
- Variables DO WORK PROPERLY, but it is a pain to use them without a naming system
Temporarily have an excel spreadsheet with the variable IDs and their names open while editing the game… It is a pain to have to refer to this spreadsheet instead of using the in-client editor, but works for now. Eclipse leaves a lot of open room on the screen to keep this spreadsheet visible at all times, I just want to improve the editor to work as intended for ease of use and better functionality for multiple developers. Having to keep your spreadsheets of variables synced with other devs would be a pain in the balls.